First time buying a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time buying a home

Buying my first house here in spring. Had it appraised a day or so ago and one of the few things found was that the space(?) board in the AC was messed up. It wouldn’t accurately read what rooms were hotter/cooler than others. It seems the current owners are willing to fork up the money to pay for it, should I bite the bullet and pay for it myself or should I be steadfast in having them fix it? Really don’t want to lose the house at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time buying a home

If they’re willing to pay for it then what’s the dilemma? Or did you mean to say that they aren’t willing?

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
      If they’re willing to pay for it then what’s the dilemma?

I should’ve been more clear, they aren’t willing to pay for it. They basically said the inspector is wrong because they had it serviced a few months ago. Had a second opinion today from an AC guy and he backed up what the inspector said. Still haven’t heard anything from them.

Comment

That would be something I’d think they would find during the inspection. Either way If they are willing to pay for it I’d work with them and keep the communication lines open as it appears you’d really like to get the house. Get a quote to fix the issue and see if they will take that off of the price if it makes a smother transactions for both parties. Good luck & congrats on getting your first house!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Edit after seeing your last post get a quote & see if they will split it with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You can ask for whatever you want and the owners can also decline. Being it’s on the inspection report and must be disclosed to future buyers, I say you ask for repair.

Comment

It’s a sellers market. It would all depend on them and how fast they need to sell and move how far you could push this.

Comment

Tell them to fix it or you will walk. Now that they know about it they are legally required to put it on the disclosure form for any future buyers. There will be other houses you can buy.

Comment

Also being a first time buyer, don’t get emotionally attached. More will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    It’s a sellers market. It would all depend on them and how fast they need to sell and move how far you could push this.

They’ve been on the market almost 80 days.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      Buying my first house here in spring. Had it appraised a day or so ago and one of the few things found was that the space(?) board in the AC was messed up. It wouldn’t accurately read what rooms were hotter/cooler than others. It seems the current owners are willing to fork up the money to pay for it, should I bite the bullet and pay for it myself or should I be steadfast in having them fix it? Really don’t want to lose the house at this point.

Why are you not speaking with your Realtor about it? Just curious....

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does the sales contract say the house is being sold "as is"?

Comment

What would the cost be?

Comment

Yeah man the market in Spring, The Woodlands isnt crazy as it was over the past few years. Just have your realtor talk it through with them, if they are not willing and the price to fix isnt worth it then you can try and find something else. You'll have other options, so many big companies here in north Houston, great homes get put on the market all the time...

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Hit me up, we'll go shoot and then have a beer!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be they don't have the money to fix it, perhaps ask for a cash allowance after closing for you to take care of it later. Then if the house feels fine to your liking you can just pocket the cash. That's assuming it's not something that will make things worse by ignoring, I don't know jack about A/C's.

Comment

Working...
                              X