No announcement yet.

Renfro Hunting Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also heard a fire a few months ago got out and burnt a good part of it but never could 100% confirm if it was actually on Renfro or a place close by. Yall know when people get to talking a story can change a ton.

Comment

Ive got family from the area and know someone one the place well. I'll ask and pm of you would like. Letmeknow.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
        Ive got family from the area and know someone one the place well. I'll ask and pm of you would like. Letmeknow.
        I would like that.

Comment

Don't waste your time, keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the ratio comment.

As in getting the doe numbers down to match the few bucks you have left so the "ratio" will be right?

Sounds like it's no where near carrying capacity, but lets worry about the "ratio".

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, just struck me as an odd way to spin it.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

There are some deer off of there under my profile album. They're labeled as such.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Big deer on the club. they are spooky! i have a friend that borders it. he has a sanctuary that fills up from the pressure.. He usually kills a whopper every year. Killed a 174 three years ago. Ten years ago, he would have 75 deer an evening in his wheat. Now ten is a big day..

Comment

If you do decide to get on and aren't scared of snakes...and I do mean a whole lot of snakes, then I'd be more than willing to drop some pins on a map and wish you the best of luck. There's some lanes along the South border that are a pain to get to, but usually worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                      If you do decide to get on and aren't scared of snakes...and I do mean a whole lot of snakes, then I'd be more than willing to drop some pins on a map and wish you the best of luck. There's some lanes along the South border that are a pain to get to, but usually worth it.
                      I am originally from La.
                      Snakes aren't uncommon for me. And, I hunt creek bottoms now.
                      I have had to clear every single spot I hunt on at the present lease by hand.

I appreciate the offer.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Found this thread from January. Any current thoughts about it ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                I like the ratio comment.

As in getting the doe numbers down to match the few bucks you have left so the "ratio" will be right?

Sounds like it's no where near carrying capacity, but lets worry about the "ratio".

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, just struck me as an odd way to spin it.

Good luck in your search.
                                Agree. Just because a piece of land sits in Texas, it does not mean that hill country management practices make sense. It's East Texas for crying out loud....the deer density issues are not there.

Comment

Working...
                                X