No announcement yet.

Texas ASA Federation State Championship at Brownwood Bowhunters July 14 & 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation State Championship at Brownwood Bowhunters July 14 & 15

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will return to Brownwood, Texas on July 14 & 15 for the 2012 Texas ASA Federation State Championship hosted by Brownwood Bowhunters. Brownwood will have two 30 Mckenzie target ranges. One 30 target range for Open shooters and Unlimited and one 30 target range for the Pins, Youth and Eagle classes.

Registration Opens at 7:00am

Practice Range and Registration Closes at 8:30am

Announcements/Safety Meeting 8:35am

Peer Grouping 8:40am

Shotgun Start 9:00am

9:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, Traditional shooters may start at 7:15 am. You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. All Adult, Young Adult and Youth classes will be peer grouped. Eagles may shoot with parents if parents are shooting on the pins range. Awards will be presented at approximately 5:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

We will also be having a DAIR 380 ASA Indoor State Championship this year. You may shoot your DAIR 380 round at:

Brownwood Sportsman Center
    2724 Belle Plain St
    Brownwood, TX 76801
    (325) 480-4543

$15.00 Entry Fee for Adult and Youth classes
    $5.00 Entry Fee for Eagles

Plaque + cash award for 1st place, cash payback for other places based on Texas ASA payback schedule.

Line times will be at:
    Friday 4:00pm & 6:00pm
    Saturday 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm & 6:00pm

We will use the following classes for the ASA Indoor State Championship:

Men's Pro (Open Pro & Senior Pro)
    Women's Pro
    Men’s Open - Men's Open, Men's Known, Open, B, C, Limited, Young Adult
    Women’s Open -Women's Open A & B, Women's K-40, Women's Senior
    Men’s Pins - Bow Novice, Hunter, Unlimited
    Women’s Pins - Women's Hunter
    Senior - Senior Open, Super Senior, Senior Masters
    Youth - Youth Boys and Girls, Youth Pins and Young Adult Pins
    Traditional
    Eagles - All Eagle classes ( Eagles shoot from 10 yards)

Class Changes: For 2012 we will be adding a new Women’s Open B Class (half known / half unknown) and a Young Adult Pins Class.

Known and Unknown Classes for 2012:

• All Known: Men's Known (K50 and K45 combined) Women’s Known 40, Bow Novice, Women’s Bowhunter, Young Adult Pins, Youth Pins. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12 on targets 16-30.

• Combination Known and Unknown: Women’s Open B, Youth Boys & Girls, Young Adult, Senior Women’s, Hunter, Open C, Open B, Traditional and Women's Traditional, Senior Eagle, Eagle and Jr. Eagle. These classes score the high 12 on targets 1-15 and the low 12on targets 16-30.

• All Unknown: Men's Unknown (Open A and Semi-Pro combined), Women’s Open, Senior Masters, Super Senior, Senior Open, Limited, Unlimited, and all Pro classes. These classes score the low 12 on all targets.

14-Ring Scoring in 2012: In addition to the Pro Classes, all Eagle classes, Traditional, and all 30-yard classes including the Bow Novice, Young Adult Pins, Women’s Hunter, Youth Pins, Youth Boys and Youth Girls will not be scoring the 14-Ring in competition this year.

Please contact us if you have any questions regarding these changes to these classes for 2012.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Brownwood's range features classic Central Texas terrain. They have a mix of Live Oak, Cedar, and Mesquites with shots across ravines and open pasture shots. Brownwood always sets a fun and challenging course.

Here are the GPS coordinates to the range.

31* 38' 13.83" N
    98* 57' 35.62" W

We will see you there !!!

And Remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

We will be awarding a Men's Pro and Women's Pro buckle. Any Men's Pro (Open and Senior) or Women's pro that pays the $30.00 entry fee may compete for the buckles. No state qualification required.

Comment

Wooohooo got my room at the Holiday Inn

Comment

Howdy Mike,
        How does the DAIR work. How many arrows at a time,how many arrows total, how to score, etc.?

Comment

Sunday for me & my crew

Comment

Im planning on shooting Sunday.

Comment

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. We will be there.

Comment

So in the DAIR finger shooters are shooting against release aid shooters in Mens Open?

Comment

Looking forward to this!!!! We'll be bringing a big load of goodies from Pigion RD. for give aways. I hope other shops will step up also to help make this a great shoot.

Comment

Stop in the Sportsman Center good ppl!

Comment

Originally posted by yotekilr View Post
                      Howdy Mike,
                      How does the DAIR work. How many arrows at a time,how many arrows total, how to score, etc.?
                      10 ends of 3 arrows = 30 arrows total

1:30 seconds to shoot each end

Goal of game is to shoot the high 12, low 12 and 14 which equals 38 points 10 ends times 38 = 380

The small ring in the center of 12's and 14 counts as an X and is the tie breaker.

Click here for a video of Tracy and I explaining the game.

Originally posted by Lowe View Post
                      So in the DAIR finger shooters are shooting against release aid shooters in Mens Open?
                      Thats a typo. There will be a separate Limited (fingers) class.

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

I think Saturday for me so I can shoot the DAIR afterward then head home. Ill be coming from the lease so that will work out better.

Comment

Is the no state qualifier required for pro classes only. I have shot multiple Texas ASA qualifiers in 3d this year, but not a DAIR qualifier.

Comment

Is this at the club or at the Park location? I have heard both.

The Texas Archery Guide is giving away another Mathews bag target like the one given away at the Paris qualifier. It got very good reviews so I decided to to it again!

Comment

Working...
                              X