car shaking issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shaking issue

I have a 2007 Lexus LS 350 (car) that I use as a daily driver. I have had it for about 10 months. I put new tires on it 10 months ago. I had the alignment checked about 2 months ago. When I am accelerating it shakes between 40 and 50mph. It goes away once I get over 50mph. I can drive in that speed range without it shaking if I am not accelerating. As soon as I give it gas, it will shake a little.

I've had this issue with an older car, but I don't remember exactly what was causing it because everything broke on the older car.

Any ideas?

I'm not a mechanic, but sounds something like motor mounts.

Comment

Go to a different alignment shop and check tire balance also. Sounds like the other shop missed something.

Comment

At first I was going to suggest a tire balance and rotation, but with it not shaking when coasting I got nothin.

Good Luck

Comment

U joints maybe or maybe bad struts

Comment

Bent rims can do weird things like that. Can you tell where the shaking is coming from?

Dad had a 07 camry 6 cyl, probably similar engine to yours and had shaking at a speed similar to yours. His problem was a coil or two was going or went bad.

Comment

Take it out of OD when it shakes, if it helps, then it's either a could pack or torque converter shutter, my ford did the same thing and it was a misfiring cylinder, did a tune up and no more issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May have a miss. What kind of mileage on vehicle? Ever had a tune up?

Comment

Rear Wheel or Front Wheel Drive?
                  Last edited by blntrey3; 03-07-2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

The shaking feels like it is from the front end. It feels like the tires are shaking.

Comment

It has 137,000 miles. I don't know about the maintenance history. I was told it never broke when I got it.

I feel like less of a man now. You asked front or rear wheel drive. I don't know. The internet says rear wheel drive. The thing is 4" off the ground. I just drive it to and from work.

Comment

I had a bubble on a tire that did that once.

Comment

Torque Converter?

Comment

Tire separation will cause that

Comment

If it only happens on acceleration it sounds like an issue with your motor. I bet you got a coil going out, allot of people mistake misfiring as other problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X