Ever been to Greece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been to Greece?

Thinking about surprising the wife. I know nothing about Greece. Suggestions?

Cancelled 3 years ago when the Athens riots took place and the economy failed. Not sure how things are now but heard the islands are still great places but Athens is shaky.

Comment

Must go to Corfu and Santorini. Other Greek isles are nice and unique as well. Eastern Mediterranean cruise is the best way to enjoy Greece.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman70 View Post
        Must go to Corfu and Santorini. Other Greek isles are nice and unique as well. Eastern Mediterranean cruise is the best way to enjoy Greece.
        Who'd you go through?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Norwegian Cruise line or RCL

Originally posted by alien77721 View Post
            Who'd you go through?

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman70 View Post
              This.

Comment

I went way back in 2002. It was really neat. The private beaches were great. The public were not. I did an island cruise. It was really fun. I was there by myself for work. I people watched across from Parliament. Food was great.

On the down side, everyone tried to get you into an alley to show you something. I was too smart for that.

I got a rental car. It was like that scene in the movie Vacation where Chevy Chase went around in circles for hours trying to get to his exit. I got rid of it and got a driver.

Comment

I've not been, but I have some friends who went. It sounds like there are some pretty cool tourist areas, but once you get away from those it's a dump. Probably like Mexico in many ways.

Comment

"And then they went to Greece"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dOMn83jRA0"]Men on Vacation - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

All I know about Greece is that Santorini is freaking beautiful....

I have a buddy that goes 3 times a year with his girlfriend who has a home there, and the pictures and videos he posts on FB are amazing....

I will go one day

Comment

Nope. But I've been to Cyprus. I had a pretty good time there. It was absolutely packed with Russians though.

Wait, was that a racist comment?

Comment

I have friends that go every year and know some people from Greece. I'll ask next time I run into them. From what I've heard, stay away from Athens. I've never heard anything good. From my understanding go rural and islands.

Comment

Working...
                          X