No announcement yet.

Who Owns Their Hunting Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought all I could afford. Only 23 acres and not alot of trophys running around, yet I have seen a few, but if I wanna put a deer in the freezer I can pretty much do it, and have, on any sit.
    Just hoping land around me doesnt develope too much but nothin you can do about that but buy it up and thats just not in the budget.
    I laugh every time I harvest something because every realtor I talked to said "you cant hunt without at least 100 acres".
    You can hunt on ONE acre. It just has to be the right one.
    Long winded, but moral of the story is you dont have to be wealthy to have your own hunting/rec land. Just have to find the right peice.

Comment

Yup...in two states. Own a small piece in Harper on the Kerr /Gillespie border. Land has produced a few whitetail, Turkey, Black Buck and Axis on cam and the #1 North American SCI Reeves Muntjac was shot on my place . Located in the middle of many 25-1000 acre low/high fence ranches.
      Own another camp(62acres) in NY's lower Catskill mtns(3H). Been family land since the late 60's. Everything you could imagine to hunt, fish and trap on this land. Everything but Mtn Lion and Rattlers.
      I paid to hunt ONCE in S. Carolina Sept 2001. That was the last time. Not a good experience.
      Made a decision to buy rather than be at the rules of others.

Comment

We have 100 acres in Fayette County. Dad might hunt it during the week. There hasn't been a deer killed out there in 20 years. I live on 11 acres in Colorado County, my youngest hunts it. Killed a spike of the back porch. Lol. Dad and I lease in Gillespie County. We like to get away

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
          Bought all I could afford. Only 23 acres and not alot of trophys running around, yet I have seen a few, but if I wanna put a deer in the freezer I can pretty much do it, and have, on any sit.
          Just hoping land around me doesnt develope too much but nothin you can do about that but buy it up and thats just not in the budget.
          I laugh every time I harvest something because every realtor I talked to said "you cant hunt without at least 100 acres".
          You can hunt on ONE acre. It just has to be the right one.
          Long winded, but moral of the story is you dont have to be wealthy to have your own hunting/rec land. Just have to find the right peice.
          True that, especially up in East Tx where one man's back porch also doubles as his deer stand.

Comment

Bought 60 acres in East Texas year and a half ago. This past season was the first year hunting it. I put meat in the freezer. Got some ok bucks coming in, lots of does.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I own land I hunt on.

Comment

320 acres in young county and 700 acres in Haskell county.

Comment

I've got 100 acres in Comanche, Texas.

Comment

320 acres in Sanderson, tx..

Comment

We have 50 acres in Collin Co. that I plan to hunt pigs on this year. May deer hunt there a few weekends in the fall when we don't go up to Oklahoma.

Comment

Have 360 acres in Oklahoma! Wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

Here and Missouri.

Comment

217 acres in Rusk County and 87 acres where I live in Cherokee County.

Comment

Four in Colorado County. One each in Lasalle, Menard, and McCulloch.

Comment

219 acres in Polk Co
                                Last edited by tomcat8910; 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X