Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
    My youngest son drew the doe/spike hunt at Chapparal and James Daughtrey for the same weekend. Awesome he drew but hate it is the same weekend as we obviously cannot do both.

For those that have been to either of those before, any recommendations on which one to pick. Looks like last year Daughtrey had higher success.
    My kids have hunted both. Personally I’d do Chap. Better logistics. At Daughtrey the compartments are all around the lake although Sam will let you call him to sign out in the evenings.

Comment

Me and brother are 2 for 3 so far. Drew GDM at James Daughtrey and doe/spike at Enchanted Rock. Looks like they haven’t drawn either sex yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
        My kids have hunted both. Personally I’d do Chap. Better logistics. At Daughtrey the compartments are all around the lake although Sam will let you call him to sign out in the evenings.
        I prefer Daughtrey for Anterless. But ether will be fine.

Comment

My son got drawn for the Chapp (anterless) and I got drawn for rifle anterless in Gus.

Comment

Powderhorn doesn’t even have 2nd draw, just told me no

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
              Same here. I wonder why? Powderhorn is like that for all their hunts. No second draw.

Comment

Holding out hope for GDE at San Angelo...we have a big bag of nothing so far...

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  I don't know how it all works but some I get a pending 2nd draw and some I get a "no" right off the bat...

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                    So .....Has anyone ever been drawn when it says pending 2nd draw? I don't know of anyone who has.
                    Mason Mountain Javi on 2nd draw a few years back. The only time I have gotten drawn on 2nd draw.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      I don't know how it all works but some I get a pending 2nd draw and some I get a "no" right off the bat...
                      I think it means that they don’t have standbys for that particular hunt so there won’t be a 2nd draw

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                        Same here. I wonder why? Powderhorn is like that for all their hunts. No second draw.
                        Unless everyone got their permit fees in already.

Comment

Nothing for me today. That’s alright, I’m saving my luck for mule deer and big horn

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                            I think it means that they don’t have standbys for that particular hunt so there won’t be a 2nd draw
                            Last year there were around 60+ people there for standby at the Powderhorn GDE. Maybe they did away with it this year. It delayed the start of the hunt by a couple of hours.

Comment

Pending 2nd across the board for me.

Well, Lots of double digit categories for next year I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                                Not to be a **** but I don’t know why standbys would have anything to do with no second draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X