New Tower Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting a chance to update this

Finished the stand, painted it brown, then decided to go grey with it. Added the corner covers and drip edges over the windows. Put some shelves for phones, water, binos etc. Reused Server Rack parts Going to try and get it hauled up to the lease this weekend and maybe try for some Turkey's or Axis if they're out.

Now I can get started on the Tower itself.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finally got some more done

Had a couple projects get put in line before I finish this stand.

First was an old Gun Cabinet that was 1/2 oak and 1/2 pressed-board. I replaced all the pressed-board with oak, but never finished it out. Ended up getting a larger Steel one and let this sit for 30yrs. Wanted to finish it and take it to my deer lease this weekend. Tired of leaning the guns in the corner or where ever in camp.

Next was a Heavy Duty Steel Cabinet a buddy gave me. Rust was starting to set in and I am wanting another work table, so I painted this with Ospho to kill the rust, may end up spray painting it later on. This will definitely help with work out in the shop, and it's on rollers so I can move it in and out when it rains.
      Attached Files

Comment

Got all the metal prepped and ready to stick together

Finally got all the steel I needed to finish this thing out. Buying steel now is a PITA since this Covid crud. Have the 1/2 for the X supports, 1" for bottom brace, 1.5" for the legs. 1" heavy for the ladder. I had some 1.25 with flat to make feet for the stand. This was from another project from my BIL that no longer needed. I figure they would help level the blind and not Rust the bottom as fast. Seems like we have to put bricks or rocks on the stands to try and level them. This way with the two bolts will tighten once it's level. I'm going to weld the nuts to the stand and then can move them ~ 1" - 12". Hopefully it will just be an inch or two on ones side
        Attached Files

Comment

Little more done

Made a little progress, till this heat ran me off Welded the top on, and got the X Supports done on all sides. Cut an old chain to weld on the corners for the support wires, figured they would work as good or better than eye bolts. Found some older screw tighteners I had that I think will work. Need to buy some steel cables from Harbor freight. Now the last of the cuts - Ladder. This will have a 12 foot ladder, so you can climb at an angle instead of 90 degree climb.
          Attached Files

Comment

Trail Cam Pics

Probably would of finished the tower, but made a quick trip to the lease to fill protein and put out some Alfalfa. Also marked a spot to put this tower blind up. Man everything is green on our place now, hopefully we will continue to get the rain. Thought I'd share couple pics, first is the fight over the food! Next is the Axis finally found the feed pen.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes I think you need the cross brace. There is a reason they added them to the other blind. Did you get the roof from the shop over on Bell circle? Great build.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                Yes I think you need the cross brace. There is a reason they added them to the other blind. Did you get the roof from the shop over on Bell circle? Great build.
                Gray, Beck circle. They do all kinds of conversions on Vans - All Terrain, RV style camping, etc. These I got are from them cutting the roof and adding the top's like a pop up camper or shell type roofs. I like them because they are larger than 48" so I can cover a 4x4 stand with one piece with overhang.

If I had the $ I would buy one for camping, fishing trips etc. Awesome conversion all terrain vehicles, very cool looking. Not you goodtime's van from the 70's
                Last edited by Tx-Burt; 05-03-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Chain-link supports

My buddy talked me into putting some flat on the corners to reinforce the top and I decided to go with it. This way I can crank up the Voltage and get a hotter bead on the Chain-link and blind. Won't have to worry about blowing through the square.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! Will have to borrow that chain link idea on my next build

Comment

Finally got to go to the lease and erect it

Went out and set it up today.
                      Had to attach it on the ground, then lift part of it in the back of my truck and pulled it up with a 4 wheeler, worked out pretty easy. Only had to lift up the backside ~ 3-4" to level it out. Can't wait to hunt out of it. I have a couple over 100 yrd shots and a few 50 or more, and 360 degree shots. We've seen Axis cross from the right and behind were we set it up. A lot of grass land around it and not too many rocks, so hopefully we will catch them when they come out to graze. This stand is probably on 40 acres or more before the next stand hunting area. Only issue, it will be the longest walk to get to.
                      Attached Files

Comment

more pics

couple more pics
                        Attached Files

Comment

1 more from the road

This is from the road looking at the stand
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good. I’ll be building one as soon as I get my shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X