• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]754811[/ATTACH]

Comment

There you go rack

Comment

Anyone know the duck opener date for the area? I'd like to know when to prepare for WWIII, hahaha
        Last edited by Champlaya7; 11-07-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

It started yesterday. It sounds like a war zone close to CR 125. They started shooting right on the time (30 minutes before sunrise) and ended close to 10AM.

Comment

trespasser pics

Thanks Burton Boy, sorry the quality isn't great, those are actually still shots from the video. If anyone would like to see the original video just text me (979-2036926) your email address and I'll send it. The guy has weird high shoulders and a very distinct walk....thanks again and let's catch this guy who is hunting outside of the rules and stealing from us all!

Comment

Hoping this is THE weekend, cooler temps and North winds, lots of great rut reports from all over the state. I'll be out there Wednesday and Thursday morning, then all day Friday-Sunday, good luck everyone! The bucks are on their feet!

Comment

HOLY COW the Mosquitoes! Gah!

Went out for a short sit this evening and was nearly carried away. My Thermacell paid for itself several times over this evening. I had it hanging nearly 6" from my head just to keep them out of my hair. It was barely enough.

Once again, the heat and variable winds got me busted by a couple of deer early in the sit, but I stayed with it and was rewarded by seeing one of the legal bucks I've been hunting, plus a curious doe that passed by me at 15 yards twice.

No shots, but anytime I have deer around me it's a good hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                  HOLY COW the Mosquitoes! Gah!

Went out for a short sit this evening and was nearly carried away. My Thermacell paid for itself several times over this evening. I had it hanging nearly 6" from my head just to keep them out of my hair. It was barely enough.

Once again, the heat and variable winds got me busted by a couple of deer early in the sit, but I stayed with it and was rewarded by seeing one of the legal bucks I've been hunting, plus a curious doe that passed by me at 15 yards twice.

No shots, but anytime I have deer around me it's a good hunt.
                  I don't think I've ever seen such large mosquitoes and in such a large amount! Saw a pig and a spike on Nails and a few doe on Yegua. Lots of standing water still, we need a cold front of the century to rid the area of these mosquitoes, its an epidemic! LOL

Comment

Yea, I'm not going back up until we get a freeze. No reason to.

Comment

Super stoked that my blind was still out there. 134 is still under water though. No hunting for me just picking up my blind. Thanks to the fellow hunters for not messing with it?

Comment

Did a little scouting today and plan to be sitting on the ground in lots of clothes on the morning. My goal is to get a mature buck from the ground with my recurve. Although every single buck I have on my trail cams is under 13"... so I may have to settle for another spike by the end of the season. Still hoping I'll get lucky. Gonna be cold, cold, cold in the a.m.

In my experience, it's 10 degrees colder in those creek bottoms than it is in Giddings in the morning. Brrr.

Comment

Does this mean the mosquitos are finally gonna give us a break?! haha, couldn't make it out this morning but will be out there on Monday all day. Will seem to be just as cold then. You know those deer will be on their feet most of the day! Gotta take advantage of this high pressure system, showing readings of 30.40"!

Comment

I chickened out and didn't go this morning. It was 35 at my house, and that combined with the wrong wind for the spot I want to hunt plus 2 in the freezer already, made the decision pretty easy.

Brandon when I went out there a few days ago, the mosquitoes weren't bad at all. I moved a camera, and when I see one that's not a spike and I know for sure is legal, I'll go hunt him. Still looking for that deer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                              I chickened out and didn't go this morning. It was 35 at my house, and that combined with the wrong wind for the spot I want to hunt plus 2 in the freezer already, made the decision pretty easy.

Brandon when I went out there a few days ago, the mosquitoes weren't bad at all. I moved a camera, and when I see one that's not a spike and I know for sure is legal, I'll go hunt him. Still looking for that deer though.
                              I do not blame you one bit John, with as far in as you're walking this year, you better believe once the sweat settles on your clothes from the long walk that it will get very uncomfortable very fast!

Yeah I've got a camera running as well and only seen young bucks, both from the tree and from camera pics. Activity has definitely picked up though, had a great hunt on the 20th. Lots of late morning movement and a coyote right at daylight, as well as a young 8 running through looking like he was on a mission. I feel like I'm about 20 yards too far from where I'm seeing a lot of deer come through, but alas, those wonderful 2 inch diameter trees out there make it near impossible to set up any closer! haha, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Finally made it home from deployment and snuck out to Somerville this morning for a first time look see. Was told a lot has changed but wasn't expecting what I saw. Water...everywhere. Floods removed a lot of the ragweed...made it nice to be able to actually see what's ahead of you...will be back in stand very soon. ��

Comment

Working...
                                X