New Academy Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Academy Feeders

Anybody running any of these yet? For the most part, storebought stuff has been junk, but it looks like Academy/Gamewinner has stepped it up with these. I saw some in front of a store the other day. I was pretty impressed, especially for the price. I will never purchase another feeder smaller than 600 lbs. I'm really considering putting one of these to the test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking at that stand and fill hard. I'm tired of standing on a truck or ladder in the middle of nowhere so fill a feeder.

In for reviews.

Comment

If you do, please post a review with your likes and dislikes.

Comment

I have the top one. It was a complete pain in the back side to put together. I ran a bead of silicone on each joint before screwing together. Been slinging corn since January and all is well. Planning on purchasing another one soon to replace a 300 pound feeder.

Comment

Haven’t used one but I helped put one up on our lease and it felt like it was built right. Hardware it came with isn’t to shabby either.

Comment

I have 2 of the stand and fills. They have been flawless so far.

Comment

My buddy has the bottom one. No complaints.

Comment

Have two of the smaller 300lbs. cube feeders. My favorite feeders. They are built well and stay dry inside. Even the solar panel setup is all concealed into the battery box. I have cows an horses on my lease and they are rough on feeders, but these feeders are holding up great! Good price also.

Comment

My hunting buddy recently bought a property that has two of those feeders in the first pic. I am often skeptical of Gamewinner stuff but I have to tell you I am impressed with this feeder. Well thought-out design and solid construction

Comment

I have two of the big A feeders. Had to replace the timer on one, but they have been great other than that. I always wait until after the season. Paid $175 each.

I actually left the lower leg section off the second one and made it a stand and fill.
                    Last edited by 220swift; 10-18-2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I have the previous version of the Big A. Have had it for at least 4 years I think. It was a pain to assemble, but very few problems. I think I have only replaced the timer once. Running year round twice a day. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

It does shake and shimmy quite a bit when climbing, but for that price I'll deal with it.

EDIT: One complaint I forgot about. The varmint screen bars are so close together that most of the corn hits them and falls straight down instead of broadcasting.

Comment

Anybody have any issues with the stand and fill getting knocmed over by swine?

Comment

Pretty sure the search function here will give you some answers.

Skinny

Comment

We had a fella that had the 650 out at our place and was not performing as it should, it would get filled and was completely empty the next few times we would go out there. The varmint cage was too small and was messed with quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by tsnksmith View Post
                              We had a fella that had the 650 out at our place and was not performing as it should, it would get filled and was completely empty the next few times we would go out there. The varmint cage was too small and was messed with quite a bit.
                              It has since been REPLACED and NO issues!

Comment

Working...
                              X