No announcement yet.

Tramp Stamp Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord, You know this dear lady, and You know she is in pain. We thank You Lord for bringing her to this point where the proper treatment can bring about healing through Your hand. We ask You Lord, give her rest, ease her pain and guide all her care-givers to a successful outcome and complete healing of her back. This sweet, sweet lady spends her life serving others Lord. We ask You, serve her with Your compassion and mercy by taking away her pain and making her whole again. Give her wisdom and patience to follow Your will and direction through the wisdom and advice of her medical team. Give them the right knowledge and guide their thoughts and hands as they minister to our sister Stephanie. Lord we Love You, and we thank You for bringing her to this point. Take her through this according to Your promise and bring her to the other side healthy and stronger than ever. In Jesus name, Amen

This! Steph, I am sure all will work out to your benefit,, Prayers, and fast healing all will be alright tomorrow

Comment

My Angie has had two of those and steel rods put in. She been good for over 15 years now and still loading and unloading airplanes at DFW airport.
      You will be nearly good as new in short order. Maybe not as flexible at the waist but no pain.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
        Thanks for all the great insight, y’all.

How long before y’all could draw back your bow? Ride in a boat to go fishing? Roll over in bed, pain free? Fly in a airplane? Go on a rollercoaster? (Going to Disney 3 weeks post surgery)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        You need to ask tour doctor about that. It was almost 5 months before shane was cleared to draw his bow or even lift over 20 pounds. I would bet that most of that is going to be a no.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
          You need to ask tour doctor about that. It was almost 5 months before shane was cleared to draw his bow or even lift over 20 pounds. I would bet that most of that is going to be a no.
          That seems extremely conservative, I had L5/S1 fusion and didn’t have to wait that long and then later C6/C7 fusion, again, didn’t have that kind of restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            That seems extremely conservative, I had L5/S1 fusion and didn’t have to wait that long and then later C6/C7 fusion, again, didn’t have that kind of restriction.

I would bet that fusions and disc repairs are different when it comes to recovery restrictions. I’m currently recovering from a disc repair and I can’t pick up more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks then it bumps to 20 pounds. I have 2 discs that are healing from repair and if I over do it I can blow those discs out again before they are completely healed.

Comment

I don’t plan on doing rides at Disney. My parents are driving my luggage there so no lifting. I’ll be able to take breaks from walking and my Dad is going to ride the rides with Thomas. I’m not going to be too stubborn when it comes to my healing process but this is pretty daggum important to me. It’s 100% surprise trip for my sons 7th birthday.
              But, I’ll talk to the Doctor about it in the morning. I also go for my followup the day before we fly out. Just say a prayer that I’m able to make this possible.

Thanks for the prayer, C. I appreciate all y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                I don’t plan on doing rides at Disney. My parents are driving my luggage there so no lifting. I’ll be able to take breaks from walking and my Dad is going to ride the rides with Thomas. I’m not going to be too stubborn when it comes to my healing process but this is pretty daggum important to me. It’s 100% surprise trip for my sons 7th birthday.
                But, I’ll talk to the Doctor about it in the morning. I also go for my followup the day before we fly out. Just say a prayer that I’m able to make this possible.

Thanks for the prayer, C. I appreciate all y’all.

You might check into renting a wheel chair/motorized cart at Disney... They have all sorts of assistance available... My daughter/Son-in-Law just got back from taking our grandsons... They mentioned that such rentals were available right at the park, but might have to make a reservation for 'em...

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                  I would bet that fusions and disc repairs are different when it comes to recovery restrictions. I’m currently recovering from a disc repair and I can’t pick up more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks then it bumps to 20 pounds. I have 2 discs that are healing from repair and if I over do it I can blow those discs out again before they are completely healed.

Yep... with a fusion, they remove the disc...

Comment

Hey y’all.

A lot of folks are reaching out to lend a helping hand... I really appreciate that. I’ve got majority of things taken care of.
                    But, if y’all could just remind me if I ever say I regret it that I couldn’t feel my foot. I also had shooting pain down my leg, as if someone was trying to rip my hamstring a part, while I was dancing to Copperhead Road.

Comment

I was at work 9 days after my discectomy riding a moped 10 hours a day. My surgeon said it was the largest piece he'd ever removed. That was 5 years ago

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just now seeing this Steph. You've been moved to the top of my prayer list.

Comment

I have degenerative back disorder that runs in my family. I ruptured L4-5 about 12 years ago and after a year of dealing with it I had a discectomy done. I was great for 2 years before it blew out again and I had to have it fused. Three years ago L5-S1 had to be fused but I knew that was going to have to be done eventually. Recovery is tough but well worth it in the end. I workout 5 days a week and lift BIG and have no issues. Prayers for you. Let me know if I can give any advice.

Comment

Prayers for you! I’m 19 years into municipal EMS career and I’m scared to death I’m going to need back surgery soon...

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post

Valid point, still seems very conservative.

Comment

Working...
                                X