Scope choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope choice?

I just picked up a Savage M25 Walking Varmint in .22 Hornet. I pretty excited about it, as this is my first 22 hornet rifle. I can't wait to get after those varmints with it.

I need to pick out a descent scope for it. I curious what scopes yall are running on your 22 hornets. Not only what brands & models, but what dimensions?
    I've never owned any Vortex glass before. I thought I might give it a shot on this rifle to see how I like it.
    I was looking through Vortex's we site and found the Viper HS 2.5-10 X 44 w/ 30 mm tube. It has the V-Plex reticle. This one kind of peaked my interest for this rifle.
    The thing I've not been very impressed with on the Vortex scopes is the selection of reticles. It seems they all have very fine cross hairs which makes shooting in low light pretty tough. Does Vortex offer a reticle that's pretty good in low light? What do y'all think of the V-Plex reticle?

I like the EBR-2C reticle, but it's not offered on enough of their models. I've never looked through their v-plex in low-light. Congrats on the rifle

Comment

I don't have a 22 hornet but if you are looking for great glass at a great price look into this Burris. I have 2 of them and they are clearer than my vortex viper. Lifetime unconditional warranty too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Old gloss Leupold VX-1 3-9X40 on my CZ 527 22 Hornet. Fun little rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
          I just picked up a Savage M25 Walking Varmint in .22 Hornet. I pretty excited about it, as this is my first 22 hornet rifle. I can't wait to get after those varmints with it.

I need to pick out a descent scope for it. I curious what scopes yall are running on your 22 hornets. Not only what brands & models, but what dimensions?
          I've never owned any Vortex glass before. I thought I might give it a shot on this rifle to see how I like it.
          I was looking through Vortex's we site and found the Viper HS 2.5-10 X 44 w/ 30 mm tube. It has the V-Plex reticle. This one kind of peaked my interest for this rifle.
          The thing I've not been very impressed with on the Vortex scopes is the selection of reticles. It seems they all have very fine cross hairs which makes shooting in low light pretty tough. Does Vortex offer a reticle that's pretty good in low light? What do y'all think of the V-Plex reticle?

don't go ordering that vortex just anywhere. Get directly with vortex the veteran's discount is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
            don't go ordering that vortex just anywhere. Get directly with vortex the veteran's discount is huge.
            Thanks for the tip...

Are there any other suggestions out there?

Comment

I was looking hard at getting a Vortex Viper HS-T. Looked through a buddy of mine's and it seemed like a nice scope. Decided to save some money and transfer a scope to the new rifle until I got surprised with a new Leupold VX-5HD 3-15 with CDS. The Vortex was nice but nothing like this scope. That being said, you can get the Vortex cheaper.

Comment

a 3x9 or 4x12 variable power scope will suffice

SF or AO would be beneficial

are you married to the 22Hnt , can it possibly be exchanged ?

the 17 Hornet will be waaaaay more accurate and double the effective killing range.
                Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-24-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  a 3x9 or 4x12 variable power scope will suffice

SF or AO would be beneficial

are you married to the 22Hnt , can it possibly be exchanged ?

the 17 Hornet will be waaaaay more accurate and double the effective killing range.
                  Cool. Thanks for the input, Sir. No, I'm not married to it. But it cannot be exchanged. I picked it up at Gander Mountain because I got a pretty good deal on it. It was the only one they had left.

Comment

I really like the Leupy 3-9x33 EFR for small varmint / rimfire rifles...

Comment

I would say the Zeiss Terra Riflescope, 3-9x42 would be absolutely perfect!
                      But I am a little bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X