Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slinky's on the feeder legs! No more Coons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't want to spend $30 for varmint cage and Im not a DIYer to rig one up. Besides 6v motors w a coon cage restricts corn throw a little. So Coons were messing with the motors , spinning corn resulted in more frequent lease trips . Picked up some Walmart slinkies and zip ties and put em on It has worked for me in past two weekends my feeder motors haven't been messed with and corn levels are where they were supposed to be. Had no idea before how much corn those lil critters can spin out in a night

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Deep inside Slinky World headquarters there is a guy puzzling over recent sales data, scratching his head and wondering how to explain the sudden spike in sales across Texas.

I have this visual of a stressed out guy holding a pencil scratching his head trying to make heads or tails of the data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
        I didn't want to spend $30 for varmint cage and Im not a DIYer to rig one up. Besides 6v motors w a coon cage restricts corn throw a little. So Coons were messing with the motors , spinning corn resulted in more frequent lease trips . Picked up some Walmart slinkies and zip ties and put em on It has worked for me in past two weekends my feeder motors haven't been messed with and corn levels are where they were supposed to be. Had no idea before how much corn those lil critters can spin out in a night

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I just about choked on my last sip of coffee for the day!! Great one!!

Comment

It has worked. Can you prove it doesn't?
            How do we know? There's no video of a coon being defeated by the Slinky so until there is it's sort of like Big Foot and black panthers lol.

I have to think that a coon being much heavier than a squirrel would just stretch the Slinky out and climb up it.

But I'll wait to see some video of it working, then I'll believe and go buy 15 Slink's lol.

Comment

I think it would scare deer off if a coon pulled it down and it shot up and made all that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                I think it would scare deer off if a coon pulled it down and it shot up and made all that noise.

I would agree in that scenario. I also don't think the coon will do it again. The deer will come back.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-16-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  How do we know? There's no video of a coon being defeated by the Slinky so until there is it's sort of like Big Foot and black panthers lol.

I have to think that a coon being much heavier than a squirrel would just stretch the Slinky out and climb up it.

But I'll wait to see some video of it working, then I'll believe and go buy 15 Slink's lol.

I don't even have coons coming to my feeder anymore so I won't ever get a video. I wanted one . I'd rather have no coons at my feeder eating my corn than a video of the coon.

I hope someone will post a video. I keep coming back here hoping to at least see one trying. So far everyone that has Slinky's no longer has coons. That's the whole point, but I would like to see some entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
                    No coons or deer....perfect.

Comment

It has worked. Can you prove it doesn't?
                      Can you prove it does work.

Comment

Well lol...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                          Well lol...

Comment

I set up another feeder and added the Slinky's on the legs. It has one of those varmit cages the coons just laugh at. Hopefully they will go find someone else's feeder to steal corn from

Comment

nice, might be ants on the feeder legs next few days? stay safe everyone!

Comment

I set up another feeder and added the Slinky's on the legs. It has one of those varmit cages the coons just laugh at. Hopefully they will go find someone else's feeder to steal corn from

I think they need to be set a little lower. Plus I bet they could jump from your T posts to the cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X