Spine indexing?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
    Don't have time to type much but if you go to mudhole custom tackle YouTube page they have a video on spining a fishing rod
    Ok tried it with a 340 spine arrow. Found what I thought was the spot like on the video. The. Checked with the ram tester. Was about 20 degrees off. Now I can see it being more difficult being to 32 inches vs a fishing pole.

Now my opinion so don't take this wrong. Again my opinion. This method for an arrow is just like compression testing. It's not that accurate. It's also a static test just like the other methods.

Now if you do this method , one thing you have is a reference mark just like the others.

Only true way is to shoot the arrow it's now a dynamic test.

Have you marked your shafts this way. Need to do at least 6 but 12 would be better. And shoot them through paper to see if all or what percentage have the same tear and how many did you have to turn

With the ram I'm about 80%. Flo I'm a little better but not a hole lot better.
    Again I some this up to its a static test.

Comment

I can't read these threads with out a bottle of aspirin.
      I have found a lot more problems with the nocks than the arrow. I shoot groups at 60yds. If an arrow isn't in the group I turn the nock, if it still isn't the group I I change nocks, if it still isn't in the group I cull that shaft. I am only concerned about the arrow hitting behind the pin.
      For hunting, I make sure all shafts with different broad heads hit the 10 ring at 70yds.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
        I have found a lot more problems with the nocks than the arrow. I shoot groups at 60yds. If an arrow isn't in the group I turn the nock, if it still isn't the group I I change nocks, if it still isn't in the group I cull that shaft. I am only concerned about the arrow hitting behind the pin.
        For hunting, I make sure all shafts with different broad heads hit the 10 ring at 70yds.
        Best way I've found, works every time.

Comment

Haha. You would think by now when you see my name you go get the aleve before reading.

Happy new year.

Comment

That's the thing that a lot of people over look are the nocks. I believe it's the most inconsistent part of the arrow and like you said a bad or warped nock can give you fits if your trying to broadhead tune

Comment

How do I get in touch with Muddyfuzzy? I'm new and can't PM or email here. looking to get a doz. arrows built. sorry guys not trying to crash your thread.

Comment

Got your PM Muddy but it won't let me reply

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                  Got your PM Muddy but it won't let me reply

Call me at 713-483-four six four zero

Comment

Working...
                  X