No announcement yet.

Let's talk Chainsaws!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every piece of 2 cycle power equipment I own is Husqvarna including 21 yo and 12 yo chainsaws, pole saw, brush cutter and blower. The pole saw and brush cutter are pro models. Now granted if I made my living with them I would either own nothing but xp series saws and pro quality everything else or a complete line of Stihl. I have an old Stihl chainsaw that belonged to my dad that is over 25 yo that still cranks on 2nd pull. For homeowner use I'll continue to buy Husqvarna until they give me a reason not to...

Comment

Whatever you get make sure you use the premixed fuel. I have a Stihl MS 290 and use their fuel religiously. what a beast, 2 pulls at most and I'm cutting wood. If I am going to use a whole gallon I use the Stihl oil and mix and make sure I run some of the premixed through it before putting it up. Good luck, if Daniel Boone had a chain saw who knows what the cabins would have looked like. Oh if you get a pole saw, prepare yourself for lots of work picking up limbs. You will have a bunch cut before you know it.

Comment

Echo or Stihl. I own both. Usually use the Echo. The Stihl is a great saw just like the Echo more. Either will treat you well as long as you use the right fuel and keep you chain sharp.

Comment

biggest thing i have noticed is keeping good fuel in them. I stopped mixing my own and started using the Stihl high dollar premix and I never have any issues getting one to start or gumming up from sitting.

Comment

Always go with the premix! It rocks! Ethanol is the enemy!

Comment

I picked up a new Stihl Farm Boss this past year, and it’s a beast for its size. Fires up with no issues and runs great. I’ve cut up multiple mature oaks with it in the last 6 months and it chews through everything without issue.

Very happy that I decided to go the Stihl route.

Jake

Comment

Does it not bother anyone that stihl’s warranty is one year to echo’s 5?!?

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                  Does it not bother anyone that stihl’s warranty is one year to echo’s 5?!?
                  Nope, doesn’t bother me one bit. If you want an Echo though, get the Echo

Comment

Love our echoes got 2 cs 590s and a couple smaller ones that we use pretty much every day and put them through hell. I guess I need to start taking pics of every tree we cut down so I have proof of what it can do

Comment

I have a Stihl 260 pro & been a fantastic product

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        Get a Stihl MS 271 Farm Boss and get to work.
                        ^^^^This^^^^Best purchase I've made in years

Comment

Buy an orange one....Keep the chain sharp and oiled, use premix no ethanol fuel, and have a big enough saw for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a reason Stihl cost more than the others.
                            You get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
                            X