Select Baseball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Had a great weekend - Jax finished off pool play with a scoreless inning pitched. He batted lead off all weekend, and scored a run leading off every game we played. We got the 1 seed going into Sunday.

Semi final game in the bottom of the final inning with 1 out and bases loaded, down by a run - Jax knocked a line drive double to the gap to walk it off. Championship game he threw out a runner going from first to third. They won, capping off a great weekend.
    lil man balled out! i know some can say its about development and not winning at this point, but winning dang sure makes the early mornings and LONG weekends better

both of mine will be playing the utrip NIT this weekend. we only have 5 teams in our 7u pool so far, but 2 are from oklahoma and 1 from louisiana so we will get a few new teams to play.

there are 30 teams in the 10u pool, it would be nice to get a saturday against some new teams but somehow it doesnt ever seem to work out that way. we have 2 arkansas teams, 3 oklahomas, a louisiana and a california coming down.
    Last edited by jshouse; 03-19-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

“Hey guys...while we wait out the lightning delay, let’s go have a team meeting underneath this REALLY TALL METAL light pole. “.

(Not my kids team btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe the kid's didnt play well in the pool games..

Comment

What in the holy heck, I've heard of trying to light a fire under your team and all ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            What in the holy heck, I've heard of trying to light a fire under your team and all ...
            It was so stupid it was funny...but it wasn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
              It was so stupid it was funny...but it wasn’t.
              The screen name saying this made me kinda giggle a little...

Comment

Went 2-0 in our first tourney saturday, and got thumped Sunday by a pretty good team. Bats came out cold and defense dissappeared. Got a ways to go, but it was a better showing than I thought.

It looks like Snoop is gonna have to play some catcher to get much time on Sunday's, so I'm gonna go find him a mitt. He did well at it yesterday, but he said "that guy throws too hard".

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Went 2-0 in our first tourney saturday, and got thumped Sunday by a pretty good team. Bats came out cold and defense dissappeared. Got a ways to go, but it was a better showing than I thought.

It looks like Snoop is gonna have to play some catcher to get much time on Sunday's, so I'm gonna go find him a mitt. He did well at it yesterday, but he said "that guy throws too hard".
                  Have him wear his batting glove on his glove hand!

He can always find a spot on a team if he can catch (and more importantly hold runners).

How old is your boy Dale? Is he still playing up?

Comment

Select Baseball 2018

He wears his batting glove under his glove all the time. He is six playing on an 8U team. He plays the field quite a bit on Saturday, but coach prefers the older kids for the most part on Sunday. He's a good enough players to get significant time in the field, but we haven't had enough real games yet for it all to work itself out. In the meantime, if catching gets him on the field then he will catch, he also likes it.

This 8U team was supposed to be a 7U team, but some kids bailed after the original try out, so they had to change to eight to get enough kids late in the game. I'm not crazy about it, but that's where we are. He is also playing on the 8U rec ball team, so he'll play most of the game there, if not all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our 8u team went 3-1 this weekend but didn't make it to the championship.

Comment

Looks like the Super NIT is overbooked - Friday pool play was not in the cards, lol.

Scheduled Daughter's Bday dinner Friday night with Family in from out of town to celebrate.

This is the life. Dang it.

Comment

i keep checking to see if the schedule is posted, i really hope we dont pull friday games

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            i keep checking to see if the schedule is posted, i really hope we dont pull friday games
                            With us being so close to Allen / Richardson, I dont see where we can get out of Friday games.

Comment

6-8 years old playing and paying for select ball. How the world has changed and how the select ball has become so watered down. Why its probably a billion dollar industry. Parents will keep paying

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                6-8 years old playing and paying for select ball. How the world has changed and how the select ball has become so watered down. Why its probably a billion dollar industry. Parents will keep paying
                                When you destroy rec leagues, you have to move on...

Comment

Working...
                                X