White Rhinos coming to Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Rhinos coming to Texas?

My husband said on Monday that he heard on Texas Ag News that African countries are going to send white rhinos to south Texas in an effort to save them from extinction. Apparently, south Texas does a better job protecting against poachers than these African countries and south Texas environment mirrors the native habitat for these white rhinos.

My initial thoughts - I'd like to see the article first, then, why not? Texas has saved several other animals from extinction.

My next thought - what kind of fence does one need to keep a rhino in???

As my father in law used to say -- "Someone got the bright idea ...."

So we should have hunt able populations here in ten years lol. But it wont be cheap.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

That’s cool!

Comment

white rhino bow hunt? im down

Comment

They better bring some black ones too or they'll have Sheila Jackson Lee on their case.....

Comment

Can't blame them.....too many things working against them over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                They better bring some black ones too or they'll have Sheila Jackson Lee on their case.....
                I was just thinking of that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek3189 View Post
                  they better bring some black ones too or they'll have sheila jackson lee on their case.....
                  😂

Comment

I get the joke, but apart from that, the reality is that the Black ones need more help. I would think they would be the first ones to come over.
                    Last edited by rladner; 02-14-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Yup

Bwaaahhahahahahahahaha. Bingo

Comment

[ATTACH]896955[/ATTACH]

Comment

I know of a couple of each already in Texas and being protected.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              My next thought - what kind of fence does one need to keep a rhino in???

As my father in law used to say -- "Someone got the bright idea ...."
                              I don't know anything about rhinos but it wouldn't surprise me if they could walk through a regular 5 strand fence like it was made of kite string. That would be a cool program - they have tried really hard to save the species but poachers over there are relentless!

Comment

Working...
                              X