No announcement yet.

17 Superduty Break In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say your console was locked, do you mean you had a console vault or is it some type of factory lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      When you say your console was locked, do you mean you had a console vault or is it some type of factory lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Just the factory lock...

Been eyeing one if those console vaults, would really like one for under the back seat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had good luck with replacing the driver's door handle assembly with the driver side rear assembly. This removes the lock from the front handle. They will have to break the window to gain access. Not foolproof, but a good deterrent. Cutten Customs did the swap for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kdenhead View Post
          I've had good luck with replacing the driver's door handle assembly with the driver side rear assembly. This removes the lock from the front handle. They will have to break the window to gain access. Not foolproof, but a good deterrent. Cutten Customs did the swap for me.
          Thanks for the info, thats literally a mile from my shop. Ill swing in there today.

Comment

Originally posted by TX35GTR View Post
            1. Wasnt asking for a pitty party or placing blame on anyone but myself and the low life in question, as you will notice I asked one simple question in the whole post because we all know this is a problem and I am running into a wall on the internet. Figured the truck gurus on here would have already figured it out.

2. This may be more and more like the wild west every day but there are some situations where the less intrusive option may be to not have a stainless 5" barrell smoke wagon strapped to your hip.

3. I was merely pointing out some of the oddities in the items targeted and some of the items not targeted.

4. I pointed out that they tried to slash a tire, i know that they did this for a fact because i did a complete walk around on my truck when i got in it on Saturday. And from the marks i would have had to hit something extremly sharp in reverse to cause it. My suspicion is that they were probably watching me waiting for me to have a blowout nearby knowing that i had been disarmed. It's about passing along information so other folks can be situationally aware whether or not that was their plan or not. Just "hooking a brother up" as some might say.

5. If i wanted fatherly advice I would've called my father, not gotten on TBH.

Lmao!.....you didn't know it was your fault some slimy POS broke into your truck and stole your personal items? New truck, fancy weapon....ya, you were rubbing it in his face that he was a vunable POS.

You had it coming.
            A vunable broke into my truck a few years ago too. I feel your pain. If I have to leave my gun in the truck, I have a bicycle cable wrapped under my seat and run a luck thru the trigger guard. I leave it loaded, in hopes the a thief will shoot himself trying to steal it.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. this seems to be happening more and more these days especially
              around the Holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Lmao!.....you didn't know it was your fault some slimy POS broke into your truck and stole your personal items? New truck, fancy weapon....ya, you were rubbing it in his face that he was a vunable POS.

You had it coming.
                A vunable broke into my truck a few years ago too. I feel your pain. If I have to leave my gun in the truck, I have a bicycle cable wrapped under my seat and run a luck thru the trigger guard. I leave it loaded, in hopes the a thief will shoot himself trying to steal it.
                did you buy a smooth cable?? I'm gonna get me one great Idea thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

You had it coming.
                  Lol

And im liking that cable idea! Kinda like the treblehooks under the car stereo trick!

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                    did you buy a smooth cable?? I'm gonna get me one great Idea thanks for sharing!!!
                    Ya, it's a vinyl coated bicycle cable with loops on each end and a long shank master lock. You can wrap it around the seat pillar to make it as short as needed.

Comment

Lol

And im liking that cable idea! Kinda like the treblehooks under the car stereo trick!

My dad actually did that! Back in the old CB radio days.
                      Never caught anyone and I was glad. He would killled ‘em like a raccoon in a trap. But his view of justice was after years of incidents in Houston.

I like the cable idea. Shame the way this country has become lawless.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        You leave a firearm in a nice pickup you have to assume it’s gonna get stolen now. You have been a TBH member a while now so I know you have read about all the other folks who have had their shizz stolen.

Sucks but it’s your fault. You leave a firearm in a nice pickup you have to assume it’s gonna get stolen now days. You have have to have your handgun on your hip or on your bed side table. Not in your truck to get stole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Some couldn't understand why I don't wash my F250 or get significant hail damage fixed. Scumbags look at it and just pass me on by to the nice ones. I know, I just screwed with my Karma.

To the OP, the only thing that was victim precipitated was going into Houston. Even if you didn't have anything in the console, you still have to deal with the locks/damage/etc. There are so many places that don't allow you to carry that you either leave your weapon at home, put it in the console, or get a truck vault. Just sucks all around.

Comment

5. If i wanted fatherly advice I would've called my father, not gotten on TBH.

I see you're new here.

Sucks you got your stuff jacked.

DJ

Comment

You leave a firearm in a nice pickup you have to assume it’s gonna get stolen now. You have been a TBH member a while now so I know you have read about all the other folks who have had their shizz stolen.

Sucks but it’s your fault. You leave a firearm in a nice pickup you have to assume it’s gonna get stolen now days. You have have to have your handgun on your hip or on your bed side table. Not in your truck to get stole.

His fault? The person who stole it is at fault. People leave guns in their truck because they are not allowed to carry them into the office.

Comment

I do agree....People don't wanna hear it, but its true!!!!

Yall stop buying new FORDS!

Comment

You might try the Viper alarm with the Ravelco Plug. I know people get tired of me posting this but maybe it will help keep a gun out of the wrong hands. I am on no ones payroll this is just what I have been using and it has worked for me.

The Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ravelco.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	24523325

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck. See in the pic below the car door open, well that means someone has actually opened your door versus the shock icon which means they just bumped it.

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Viper.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24523326

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

Comment

Working...
                                X