Headed to Silverthorne, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed to Silverthorne, CO

The girls & I are headed to Silverthorne, CO for the week for our summer vacation. Staying in a condo on Lake Dillon and got a white water trip planned for Friday. Anybody been there and got suggestions on what else to do/not to do. Also planning on doing a lot of hiking, ATV tour, zip lines, and maybe a kayak trip on the lake but just curious if there's anything else that we "must" see or do while we're here. Kids are 14, 11 & 8 yrs old.

Love that part of Co. We stay about 60 miles south of there.

If you are interested in mining history, there is a village in Fairplay that contains original buildings and equipment from the 1800's that is cool to see.

Last year, Fishman and family caught some great trout in downtown Breck, on the Blue river.

Breck, and Frisco have some great restaurants.

Only time I spent in silverthorne, was when my truck broke down on top of Boreas pass. The Ford house took good care of me... But it wasn't cheap.

Comment

Also, there are some bike shops in Breckinridge, we rented some bikes,, they will take drive you up to Copper Mtn. And drop you off. It's 13 miles to Frisco to the pick up spot, or you can ride all the way back to Breck. It is a bike path alongside the mountain. Very fun ride.

Comment

Have you decided on where you will do the zip line and atv ride yet?

Comment

Been there only in the winter to ski in Breck. Need to make a summer trip.

Comment

You will be about an hour from Winter Park and its a very nice drive there. They have an alpine slide and other activities you can do at the resort that is lots of fun for the kids. You can also take a chair lift ride up the mountain that has great views. You could easily spend a day there. Here is a list of kid friendly things to do at the resort

Colorado’s Longest Alpine Slide
            Putting Course
            Climbing Wall
            Human Maze
            Leaps & Bounds Bungee
            GyroXtreme
            Mary Jane Mineral Panning
            Bouncy Snowcat (inflatable for little ones)
            Scenic Chairlift Rides on the Zephyr Express to the top of Winter Park mountain
            Downhill Mountain Biking @ Trestle Bike Park
            Disc Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              Have you decided on where you will do the zip line and atv ride yet?
              Not yet still researching. We just got to Colorado Springs. Left home at 9 last night. Gonna eat breakfast and go hike into the seven falls area and then to the Garden of the Gods for a bike ride.

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                You will be about an hour from Winter Park and its a very nice drive there. They have an alpine slide and other activities you can do at the resort that is lots of fun for the kids. You can also take a chair lift ride up the mountain that has great views. You could easily spend a day there. Here is a list of kid friendly things to do at the resort

Colorado’s Longest Alpine Slide
                Putting Course
                Climbing Wall
                Human Maze
                Leaps & Bounds Bungee
                GyroXtreme
                Mary Jane Mineral Panning
                Bouncy Snowcat (inflatable for little ones)
                Scenic Chairlift Rides on the Zephyr Express to the top of Winter Park mountain
                Downhill Mountain Biking @ Trestle Bike Park
                Disc Golf
                The girls definitely want to hit the Alpine Slide so we will prob head to Winter Park tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks for the info guys

Comment

We always go to Dillion/Silverthorne and fish. It's is a great area to be in as there is lots to do and see. Breckenridge is good for food and shopping type stuff. I recommend Fatty's Pizza there for lunch or dinner and Clint's Bakery on Main Street for breakfast. Dillon Dam Brewery is a great dinner place. Fishing is good in the Blue River in town and out towards Green Mountain Res. Lots of bike riding areas, zip lines, 4 wheeler rentals.... Yall will have a good time up there......

Comment

We found a ranch north of Vail, atv rides, ziplines, horseback, jeep tours.

It was a four hour atv trip thru a national forest. It is guided, they have side by side, and 4 person utv's.

We took a break on top, they serve water and fresh cookies. Had a view of the only volcano in Co. The military use the area as training, it is close to flying in the Mtn. Overseas. Really cool when they land and train. Elk, bear, moose all frequent the area. Between utv and zipline tours, you could spend a whole day there.

Let me google and see if I can find the website.

Comment

Found it.

4eagleranch.com.

30-45 mins. From Silverthorne.

Take an extra battery for the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        Found it.

4eagleranch.com.

30-45 mins. From Silverthorne.

Take an extra battery for the camera.
                        Thank you sir. Will look into it tonight.
                        We just made it to our condo in Silverthorne. The drive up here from Colorado Springs was beautiful. Saw a couple elk, a group of bighorn sheep, several water falls and still a lot of snow on the ground in some areas. Lake Dillon is gorgeous and I don't think I've ever had a better view from a balcony than we do here.

Comment

We always stay there when we go skiing. Love that area.

Comment

Here's more pics from our ATV ride with the 4eagle ranch. It was pretty amazing, fast enough trails to have fun, not too fast to get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was 38 in Fairplay a couple of hours ago... Wake up. What is on the agenda today?

Pics are encouraged.

Comment

Working...
                              X