No announcement yet.

Chambers Bowhunting this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a different spot this evening. The rest of our group showed up throughout the day and we all shot a few times and got a small pot going for the most inches, whether Axis or Aoudad. Mr. Chambers is very friendly as is his wife. Beautiful piece of country they own down here. Dustin definitely has his hands full trying to keep up with the place and accommodate everyone. Seen a couple of nice hard horned Axis bucks this afternoon and my buddy had one at 40 yds but without a shot. We're sweating this afternoon and the wind is swirling but we've all got high hopes. Wish us luck!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
      In a different spot this evening. The rest of our group showed up throughout the day and we all shot a few times and got a small pot going for the most inches, whether Axis or Aoudad. Mr. Chambers is very friendly as is his wife. Beautiful piece of country they own down here. Dustin definitely has his hands full trying to keep up with the place and accommodate everyone. Seen a couple of nice hard horned Axis bucks this afternoon and my buddy had one at 40 yds but without a shot. We're sweating this afternoon and the wind is swirling but we've all got high hopes. Wish us luck!
      good luck swirling winds makes it even tougher!

Comment

2 more hogs killed yesterday afternoon & another that was missed. Couple good Axis bucks spotted but wouldn't get close enough for a shot. Several Aoudad at this tree stand I'm in this morning but they are extremely skittish and won't stay in a shooting lane for long. Had a family of grey foxes come by that I got a little clip of video from. Couple WT does and that's about it so far this morning. Just heard some sheep up the hill but hadn't seen anything.

Comment

Few pics from this morning
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463229796.838853.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24444303

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463229824.128562.jpg
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	24444304
          Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Looks like a pretty good time so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Back in a tree stand for the evening. Got a good rain for a couple of hours earlier but the sun is back out now and it's getting steamy. Had a group of Corsican rams come in about 5 minutes after climbing up the tree. Then 2 Axis doe showed up and while trying to get in a position to shoot one I ended up getting busted by a ram that had fed right under the tree I'm in. Little foxes from earlier are here again now. Not sure what happened to their kids but they aren't with mom & dad this time & the last time they came thru earlier they only had one of them and it was dragging it's back legs behind it like it was injured.

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463264711.166303.jpg
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	24444335
                Couldn't get a pic of the Axis doe. Was too busy trying to get an arrow in one.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

which stand are the aoudad pics in,, that near the double gate?

Comment

The aoudad pics from today are from a lock-on tree stand on a small dry creek bed not far from the house to the northeast.

Been covered up this evening. The same aoudad came back in early-around 6-and I had it inside of 20 yds 3 different times. Every time I tried to draw back they would spook. Then a group of 4 WT bucks came in from behind or to my left and fed right under the tree which made it even harder to get drawn without being busted. The Aoudad eventually decided they had seen enough and fed up the road out of sight. Shortly after the aoudad & WT fed out of sight a group of 3 WT doe and a big gobbler came in. Got 5 hens coming up from behind me now that just crossed the road. This place is loaded with wildlife!

Comment

Any luck this morn?

Comment

Aoudad good eating.

I've been told fox is good also.

Comment

Had several encounters again this morning. Hunted the same tree stand I was in yesterday. Aoudad, Corsican, WT bucks & does, and one Axis doe that never presented a shot. Watched a grey fox catch and kill a squirrel. Nobody killed an exotic but we all had the opportunity to. Headed back home now and will definitely be back down there again.

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good weekend. Those animals out there are tough to get a shot on.

Comment

Originally posted by jake-1024 View Post
                                Sounds like a pretty good weekend. Those animals out there are tough to get a shot on.

Yea they are. Especially the Axis. I could have shot the biggest Aoudad I was seeing this morning and last night but couldn't make myself take what I thought would have been an unethical shot. Either too many other animals in close proximity or it would turn away and only offer a spine shot, which I'm not gonna take purposely. Had numerous shot opportunities on a Corsican ram but none any bigger than the one I've already got here at the house. There were a couple different Axis bucks that were seen but never offered up a shot. Overall it was a good hunt even though we only killed hogs and I would go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X