New Insanity for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Insanity for Me!

Well after selling my recurve to a TBH member I decided it was time to take the plunge. I made my way over to Mesquite Archery here in San Antonio to look around. Firstly I have to say that the crew at Mesquite is awesome! They never rushed me, answered all my questions, and had no problems with the fact that I've been out of the archery world for a few years. I was simply blown away by how much has changed in the past 7 or so years.

After looking at, fondleing and playing with Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtech I decided on the new Insanity CPX. All I can say it wow! Pulls smooth, holds smooth, lightweight, quiet. A problem I always run into is I have a short draw length, so getting decent speed can be hard. Well, not with this bow! I only have it set at 63lbs right now and will slowly work my way back up to 70 like I use to shoot.

At 63 lbs, with my 27" draw, shooting 26" Gold Tip Velocity Hunter 400, which weigh 324 grams including the 100 grain point, I'm getting 316 fps!! I few more pounds and I'll be up to 340! Simply awesome! And for that speed, no noise, no handshock, no kick, nada!

Now I just need to build my muscles back up. I'm good and sore today, but in a good way!

I set up the Insanity with a Fuse Carbon Interceptor 5 pin site and a QAD Ultrarest HD. Also a Fuse Axiom 2" stabilizer. All I can say is I'm simply stoked! I'm now a Bowtech guy!

And yes, I will get photos up soon!

I was just in there the other day. Bow shot quick, looked nice didn't get to shoot it

Comment

Me TOOOOO! Congrats!

Comment

Only two responses?! Haters gonna hate. Congrats Booger!

Comment

I wanna try one out. I'm undecided between that an a new evo 7

Comment

congrats!

i'm trying to get my BiL to buy my Z7 so I can go shoot one and get one. 324 grains seems very light, but if it works for you stick with it!

Comment

Actually the weight was 331. Typo. Sorry. And I can go up quite a bit to a heavier arrow, but have to real need to. These will punch through deer, hogs and paper all day long.

I have to say, I did like the way the Matthews felt and the feeling of the back wall a bit more. However, with my short draw it's always give and take to get a bit extra speed, so I went with the Insanity which was faster all things being equal. Also, it's quite a bit lighter.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Do they have anymore in stock? Any black ops? Thanks! Im very interested

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. Lot of great reports coming in on this bow .

Comment

Awesome bow!

Comment

Originally posted by TxSportsman View Post
                      Do they have anymore in stock? Any black ops? Thanks! Im very interested
                      I think they had at least one black ops, maybe even a couple more.

Comment

Just an update:

This thing is amazing. Put on a new stabilizer, quiver and have been shooting the crap out of it. Silent, no hand shock and insanely fast. Have it up to 65 lbs now and it feels good. Smooth to draw. Easy to hold. Getting about 323 fps! And it's crazy accurate. I know it's the shooter and not the bow, but being able to keep them all in the X is very nice! In a coupel months I'll crank her up a bit more. Gonna take her hunting soon!

Comment

Great Bow !!!!!!

Comment

Congrats! I am very jealous!!! I am trying to sell my last years Assassin model so I can buy this bow. I shot it last weekend and will be going to shoot it again this weekend. I am also interested in getting the Destroyer rather than the cpx. But I will agree that the bow is amazing!

Comment

so jealous! I bought me an Invasion coming back from Iraq in november then this bow comes out...Think when my tax return comes I will have me one!

Comment

Working...
                              X