Would it be proper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be proper?

My dads funeral is tomorrow. There will be representatives from the U.S. Navy to honor him. Would it be proper for someone to take a couple of pics? Part of me says yes and part says no. What do y'all think?

First of all, my condolences on the loss of your father.

Secondly, my immediate thought is as long as the person(s) taking the photos aren't interfering with the service, why couldn't they take photos/videos of it? I've seen/attended funeral services for those ranging from government officials, military members (enlisted and officers), law enforcement, and just "regular folks" and I cannot think of any one of them where photos and/or videos were taken during the event.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

With permission from the family, there sometimes will be a photographer at the services when the PGR is excorting a service member to their final resting place. It can be done in a respectful manner. Nothing wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

More than appropriate!!! My continued condolence's.

Comment

My condolences and thanks for his service

Comment

It would make yet another great remembrance of your father. I would do it. I'm also sorry for your loss. I've been in your shoes, and know what you're going through. You and your family are in my prayers.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. I see no issue with photos being taken, especially since it's your dad's funeral. I've been to several funerals where photos have been taken either of family that hasn't been together in a very long time and may never be seen again, as well as those moments that just stick with you forever. I wish I had one of the 21 gun salute that was done at my uncle's funeral. I get that isn't for everyone, but if you and your family don't have an issue with it, that's all that matters.

Comment

Very Appropriate

Comment

Yes, and sorry for your loss

Comment

I was at a funeral that was broadcast live on Facebook a couple of years ago. It's your father, I would take them if I wanted. It happens more than you think. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Comment

Continued prayers!

We did for my wife's grandpa. Actually had someone record it.

Comment

Sorry for your loss and yes, take pictures if you would like to.

Comment

The Navy rep is there to honor your Fathers service to this country.I see nothing wrong with documenting it.

DJ

Comment

Just be discrete and let the photog know what is or is not appropriate.

Comment

Like others have said I think it would be appropriate since you are his family.

Comment

Working...
                              X