Portable Game Cam Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Game Cam Stand

I was moving a camera today and got to thinking that instead of constantly driving t-posts (and pulling them if they're not at feeders) I'd just build a portable stand. I'll try to get some better pictures tomorrow when I get a camera other than my phone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera Stand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	24738087

Name:	Camera Stand 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24738088

looks great! better then the one I made of scrap. but mine works well and it sure makes it nice to and easy to set up.

Comment

Sweet!

I just use 5 gal buckets half full of quickcrete and a 4x4 post.

Comment

Name:	cam stand legs.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	23853697

made mine with 2x6 and 2x4. I also used eye bolts on legs to drive rebar through. solid.

Comment

looks great but at my lease the pigs and cows would try to rub up against it.
          good ideas here

Comment

Twhackem --Nice Job

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
              Sweet!

I just use 5 gal buckets half full of quickcrete and a 4x4 post.
              Yep. That's what I use too.

BTW, I like the stand. My only concern is how stable it would be around cattle. Sometimes, we even have to drive a stake in the ground to secure our buckets to.
              Attached Files

Comment

No cattle here... Might have a problem w/ hogs though. If I do, I'll probably go back to driving t-posts. I wanted this mainly to temporarily set up if we're scouting areas away from feeders but i'm trying it out at a feeder now. Those buckets don't look light!

Comment

Originally posted by AggieHunter View Post
                  No cattle here... Might have a problem w/ hogs though. If I do, I'll probably go back to driving t-posts. I wanted this mainly to temporarily set up if we're scouting areas away from feeders but i'm trying it out at a feeder now. Those buckets don't look light!
                  Trust me, they are NOT light!! in fact, they are probably heavier than they appear.

Your set up is much more functional/practical for temporary set-ups and frequent moving. Especially, if you don't have cattle. Again, great job!!

Comment

Nice one......i might have to try that style out.

Comment

add a couple of large washers at the feet and drive some rebar to secure it, but if a cow wants to use it or even a camera on a tree fora sctarching post it won't hold up... ;-O

Comment

Nice ideas.

Comment

I welded a couple of pieces of angle/flanges to a piece of chain link rail.
                          One holds the camera and one for the battery. Drive a small t-post and put the pipe over it.. will take a pick of it this weekend works great and easy enough to move.

Comment

camera stands

I made these a few weeks ago off another THBer's design.
                            I used brand new home depot buckets and the cured concrete popped right out.
                            I will never strap a camera to a tree again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bowhica View Post
                              I made these a few weeks ago off another THBer's design.
                              I used brand new home depot buckets and the cured concrete popped right out.
                              I will never strap a camera to a tree again.
                              What kind of bracket is that attaching the camera to the pole?

Comment

Working...
                              X