No announcement yet.

Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome coby glad your plan came together. Will have to make a trip down and check it out.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill's Unlimited View Post
      Let me know if you end up needing some young sago palms. You can dig them up off one of my larger ones (queen palm in my pic)

There is a guy on CL that is located just off 1960 that has pretty good prices. But his install gets you...

I ended up going to Big Tex and bought warranty on the queen palms for $100. Figure I will rebuy the warranty each year for $100 and they replace for free

Thanks for the offer. I think I know the guy your talking about on 1960, Jeremy?

I've got a line on some cheap ones in new Iberia I think I'm gonna drive over and get.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
        Thanks for the offer. I think I know the guy your talking about on 1960, Jeremy?

I've got a line on some cheap ones in new Iberia I think I'm gonna drive over and get.

That rings a bell, that's a long haul!

Comment

Great work!

Comment

Looks great Coby, has your Dad come for a swim yet?

Comment

Looks great - Congrats

Comment

Pretty

Comment

What was the final cost after everything was totaled ? I might have missed it . Looks like a first rate job for sure.

Comment

Paid under $20 a piece for 5 queen palms in '05.

They are now too tall to reach with a extended pruner. Height of each of the 5 is over 20'.

My neighbor paid over $300 for each of his that are now shorter than ours.

Water and feed. Water and feed.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      You are not going to save 20-30 percent unless the subs give you contractor pricing, most will not because if their builders find out they may get canned. You still have design cost, permits plus your time over seeing the project, I am telling you, I have been in this business since 1984, if you build a 70K dollar pool I would be very surprised if you saved 7K, then you have to put up with the mistakes you made and also worry about getting subs back out to fix things. It all sounds good but there just is not that much profit in a pool, these builders do numbers so they do ok when they build 40-80 pools a year, now there are some builders who do really high end pools, they make some money on those but we are talking 150K and up. Maybe the Houston market is different but the two operations I own in Dallas / Fort Worth and Austin / San antonio are that way, good luck to all you owner builders, hope it works out well for you.
                      Surfing back throu this thread! Brings back the highs and lows during my build process. I would say that I probably got raked over the coals by my stone guy. The other trades were in line. I was a newby and had no idea. Moving forward, a lot has changed. I'm now running with 2 dig crews/rebar crews, 3 mason crews, and the same gunit plaster. Using MM for gunite/plaster and have 2 deck crews. We are building and building pretty quickly till the summertime slow down. I'm going to post some pics throughout just to show that it's possible to accomplish things in life that ppl will tell you you can't.

Comment

Surfing back throu this thread! Brings back the highs and lows during my build process. I would say that I probably got raked over the coals by my stone guy. The other trades were in line. I was a newby and had no idea. Moving forward, a lot has changed. I'm now running with 2 dig crews/rebar crews, 3 mason crews, and the same gunit plaster. Using MM for gunite/plaster and have 2 deck crews. We are building and building pretty quickly till the summertime slow down. I'm going to post some pics throughout just to show that it's possible to accomplish things in life that ppl will tell you you can't.

Right on brother! Keep up the dream, I am glad to see you blowing and going. Start a new thread on pool builds.

My buddy at platinum pools had 4 pools cave in on him during the floods. He sent me a crazy video the other day of a pool where the waterfall came off the roof back into the pool. It was near the galleria on one of those small lots.

Good Luck I hope you bang it out this year.

Comment

We just put in a pretty nice pool and let me say, you’re a braver man than I if you go through with it.

Hellllllllllllll no.

Comment

Beautiful pool!

Comment

[emoji106]...let’s get this to the top!!!

Comment

Do you still think pool builders are making 40-50%? Or do you realize after insurance, taxes, etc it is closer to 20% on a good day?

Comment

Working...
                                X