Federal or California emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal or California emissions?

Can anyone tell me if this means my motor is Federal or California emissions?? Thanks!

California

Comment

That's what I was thinking but the "EPA" was confusing me also. Thank you

Comment

Both - EPA and CARB have their own rules. Most of them are the same, but CARB is more strict in certain things. This sticker says that this car passes both EPA and CARB.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
          Both - EPA and CARB have their own rules. Most of them are the same, but CARB is more strict in certain things. This sticker says that this car passes both EPA and CARB.

So if I was going to replace the motor It wouldn't matter what emissions I got?

Comment

Originally posted by tlehmann87 View Post
            So if I was going to replace the motor It wouldn't matter what emissions I got?
            If you have to have an emissions test, the results are compared to what the original emissions were. This information is gathered from the VIN. If all you need is for the ECM to say everything is OK, in order to get an inspection, then go right ahead. The Texas system is not smart enough to know the difference.
            The same model of car may have different standards depending on if it was sold in California (sound like this is what you are running into considering you are asking the question). You can put a California motor in other cars, but you can't put other motors in a California car. In the end it only matters if someone is checking.

Comment

Working...
            X