No announcement yet.

Ever had your bell rung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had mine ring for about the last 10 years between shooting, rock, and heavy equipment. You get to a point that you dont notice it unless you think about it... like I just did.....

Comment

Add me to the list, I can’t hear any high pitch noises and have a constant ringing in my ears. Failed every hearing test I’ve ever taken due to too many shotgun blasts next to my ear hunting on the wrong side of a left handed buddy. Crickets chirping, rattlesnake buzzing, fire alarms, my watch beeping.... I can’t hear any of it

Comment

I have a constant ringing in my ears at all times pretty much. Lol sorry not much help. But it’s miserable.

Comment

Give it a month, if still there go see a ear doctor. If Tinnitus, you won't like what he may have to say.
          A rifle shot that close is a severe pressure injury.

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
            After 7 days, I'm wondering if this might be what I have. Does it go away over time? How do you deal with it?
            No, it's permanent. And u just deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Sometimes I can't hear my wife.....it's awesome.
              According to mine, my hearing is 100% damaged.

Comment

Find a new hunting partner.

Comment

My right ear I have a constant ringing, too many guns and saws in my life without proper protection. My left ear is a slight ringing occasionally. I never shoot or use power tools without protection. I have to sleep with fans on, or I can't sleep.

Don't let it get you down, you will adjust to it, and get to the point where you don't even notice it.

Comment

I have a constant eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                    Plus damage and permanent loss of hearing in both ears, one being worse than the other.
                    Like everything else, just deal with it.
                    And as stated before, a fan helps to sleep

Comment

Here.

Comment

Yup a MK33 3"/50 back in my Navy Gunner's Mate days
                        BTW That's a 50 BMG round sitting on top for comparison.

Comment

Go to the dr. Ruptured eardrum

Comment

In 2012 I made a really stupid mistake. While leaving the ranch, I saw a group of pigs feeding in the brush. I was the only person in the truck so since I’m left handed, I figured I’d just shoot out the passenger side window. I never thought to get the muzzle completely out of the window. I let her rip and OMG. This rifle had a muzzle break so it was like a grenade going off in my right ear. Unfortunately my right ear still rings to this day. The first couple of weeks drove me crazy. The intensity subsided as time went on and you do get “somewhat” used to it. If I were you, I’d go ahead and see an ear doc just to get an idea of how severe the damage is.

Comment

I too am in the same boat as most of y’all. Too many loud concerts, too many cars with no mufflers, being a diesel mechanic, and too many loud car stereo systems(like my current car that has been tested at 137.6 decibels). My hearing has been checked and I’m right on the verge of needing hearing aids. I just keep some back ground noise going all the time so the ringing doesn’t get to me.

Comment

Yes a 7mm mag with a break caused mine 20 years ago... When it happened it hurt so bad that I would have bet money that my ear was bleeding... The ringing has never stopped....
                                I have had to sleep with a loud box fan when possible to drowned out the sound since..

Comment

Working...
                                X