Broadhead diameter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead diameter question

What diameter broadhead do you use? Large ( 1 3/16" , 1 1/4") or small ( 1", 1 1/8") and why you chose that size.

1.5" ramcats and now German Kinetics. I like big holes and I have the KE to push a bigger broad head.

Comment

1.5" Ramcats, 1-1/4" Grizz Tricks for deer. I too like a large cutting diameter for deer. Quick kills and short blood trails. I shoot a 525 grain arrow at 280 FPS. I also love the 125 grain 1-1/4" 3 Blade VPA for hogs, very tough head that penetrates great.

Comment

I've been using the small ( 100 gr. Striker ) for years, but after two lost javelinas, from no blood trail, I'm fixing to go big, or go home !

Comment

125gr swacker 2.25" found everything I have shot. 488 gr total arrow. I have also always had a pass through thus far.

Comment

My 1 1/8" slick trick mags = 2 1/4" cutting surface... And fly like laser beams.

Just seem to be the perfect broadhead for me, I quit looking at other possible broadheads the year I tried them

Comment

1 3/16 Simmons tiger shark

Comment

Things to keep in mind: solid blades will penetrate better, short ferrules will usually tune easier and group better, size is not better than accuracy.

Comment

Simmons Landshark 165, 1-9/16" cut. Like old killer stated shorter heads are usually more forgiving in the tuning game but with a properly set-up bow and proper fletching you can still get great flight out of a big cut head.

Comment

Ramcat 125 grain 1.5 inch 3 blade.

Comment

I use the solid 125 (just under 1.5") fliers flies great from all 3 of my bows

Comment

Yep
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          My 1 1/8" slick trick mags = 2 1/4" cutting surface... And fly like laser beams.

Just seem to be the perfect broadhead for me, I quit looking at other possible broadheads the year I tried them
                          X2

Arrow placement is the key with any broadhead but the Slick Trick Mag just seems to fit the bill for me better than any of the others I have used over the years. Like Low Fence said, these things fly like laser beams and do unbelievable damage for what looks to be a small head. The only other BH I may concider would be the Slick Trick Grizz Trick that is 1 1/4" making it 2 1/2" cutting surface.

Comment

I use Slick Trick Mags (2x1-1/8") and G5s (1.5x1-1/8") for ~25 yards & in and Trophy Ridge Rocket Steelheads (the smaller ones - 1-1/8") for shots out to 40 on spot and stalk hunts or on windy days.
                            I've found the Slick Tricks whistle quite a bit as they fly and catch a crosswind like a mug!

Comment

Rage Extremes work for me. They fly straight and with the new collars rage put on them several years ago they don't open up earlier. Everything I have shot the last 4 years has been dead in under 60'yards. Most closer.

Comment

Working...
                              X