Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you spend to save a pet’s life?

Just curious. No right or wrong answers. You can share an opinion or an anecdote.

I spent 7K on my last lab. They are part of the family.

Comment

It depends on the situation. I have a 2 year old dog that I would spend a lot on to save him. I have a 12 year old dog, and I love her just as much, but considering her age i would not spend nearly as much just to have her die of old age a couple of years later. Now, if money was no issue, I would do whatever it took for either of them.

Comment

I was once willing to spend a pretty penny, did in fact spend about $3k on a free dog, but **** she was a good dog and picked up a ton of ducks and pointed a lot of quail running on a foot with only 2 toes.

But I have 3 kids now that need shoes, braces and college eventually.

Replacement value of my current dog is $1200. Maggie better hope her vet bills are sub $1200.

Comment

$400

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            I spent 7K on my last lab. They are part of the family.
            We view our dogs the same way. Probably $10k for me.

We spent $3k on our pug (Mango) in the first three months we had her.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Buckley99; 01-24-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Looking at those answers, if I was a dog, I know where I would want to be.

Comment

I love my dogs but wouldn't spend near what some would. The most I've ever spent is $700 on my Boxer and that was hard to do. Any more than that and I would have to put them down...which unfortunately I've had to do on a few occasions.

Comment

I spent about 5k for three more months with my boxer and if I could have spent another 5k for three more I would. My pets is just like my kids and treated the same. SPOILED

Comment

Totally depends on the dog.

I had a girl named Abby that lived to be 12. When she died, it was relatively sudden and I wouldn't have prolonged it anyhow out of respect for a life well-lived. But, if Abby had been a pup, or 2, or 4, or 7, or even 10 and I had an inkling of the joy that I'd get out of hunting over her, living with her, taking her to work with me, sleeping in flop-motels with her on hunting trips, etc.....If I'd have any idea how awesome our life together was gonna turn out, or how much I'd miss her when she was gone, I'd have spent all I had and borrowed some more.

Comment

I spent $1400 trying to save my Abby at age 12 from a blood disease with blood transfusions and would have spent more had the vet not said the chances were slim to none with the turn she took a week after the transfusion. I can't answer that question with a total. Each situation is different depending on the chances. Not having any kids my total would be higher than many I am assuming....

Comment

I spent a little over $10k on my lab Kalani. He was my best friend and the best dog I’ve ever had. I’d do it all over again if I had to. He responded great to everything and we got 3 more years with him. He meant more to me than most people ever will and went almost every where with me. He was always there for me and gave me nothing but love and loyalty so he deserved the same from me. I used to drive from Fort Worth to College Station to get him treatments because his vet said they had the best oncologist in the state, their staff was amazing and worked wonders

I will add that this was pre-kids and he was a working therapy dog. If the same thing went down with the corgi we have now... I love her but don’t think I’d go through it with her
                        Last edited by hooligan; 01-24-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Can’t put a number in it but I will spend what ever it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

depends on which dog it is and the prognosis.

But I'm not really in charge of that department.....

We've spent alot of thousands of dollars on dog vet care - some successful and some not.

I think last year's total is somewhere north of 10K - chief tracking dog surgery was about 5K, another emergency hysterectomy to save a momma's life when she had three day old pups, emergency sock removal, then a puppy had strangles.....

I'm gonna stop counting now - our money was spent as we saw fit.

Comment

My own pet? Maybe $100 for a dog. My kids pet? Well, I unwillingly spent $350 on my daughters horse when it colicked. ( of course I spend almost that every month in hay for 1 horse and 2 ponies ). I just dont get attached to animals like some do. Now, if I had a good working dog that I had invested a bit in I would be willing to spend more to protect my investment.

Comment

Working...
                              X