No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and kid came home from their New Years trip and informed me they are starting keto. Hope they make it through the flu period. It will be nice to have them in the same diet although I will be fighting them for my chicharrones and our grocery bill might double[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

March 2017

January 1 2018

Comment

Great results Adam!!! Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Wife and kid came home from their New Years trip and informed me they are starting keto. Hope they make it through the flu period. It will be nice to have them in the same diet although I will be fighting them for my chicharrones and our grocery bill might double[emoji23]

That’ll be good for all of y’all. You’ll have to record the WWE Battle of the Chicherrones match.

Wife made a Chicken Enchilada dip out of cream cheese, Colby Jack cheese, canned green chili’s, canned chicken and mayo. Delicious and very keto friendly.

Comment

Keep them up on their magnesium, sodium, and potassium, as well as their fluids and they will do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              Keep them up on their magnesium, sodium, and potassium, as well as their fluids and they will do fine.

I take a Magnesium supplement every night, helps sleep as well, chicken broth, Knor brand, for the sodium and an avocado for Potassium.

Comment

Keep them doing what you do, and I doubt they have the Keto flu.

Comment

Soup looks delicious.

Comment

Had interesting day yesterday. It was an off day from the gym and I only got in 1700 calories and I had to force the last 200 fat calories. Felt full after 1 big meal. Fasted 12 hrs, yeah it was small but it's a start, ate a big lunch with Venison Sausage, Salad with blue cheese dressing and an avocado. For dessert, a block of Philly Creme Cheese. That was the bulk of my intake for the day. Everything else was 1/2 link of Venison sausage, butter, MCT oil and heavy whipping cream.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      Had interesting day yesterday. It was an off day from the gym and I only got in 1700 calories and I had to force the last 200 fat calories. Felt full after 1 big meal. Fasted 12 hrs, yeah it was small but it's a start, ate a big lunch with Venison Sausage, Salad with blue cheese dressing and an avocado. For dessert, a block of Philly Creme Cheese. That was the bulk of my intake for the day. Everything else was 1/2 link of Venison sausage, butter, MCT oil and heavy whipping cream.
                      Sounds like a great menu!

I got a shipment from Onnit yesterday that included some pumpkin spice emulsified MCT. Dropped 3 tablespoons in a 32oz mug of coffee for my morning commute and I was not hungry until noon. After being on this diet for a while, that stuff was like having a big desert for breakfast

Comment

Sounds like a great menu!

I got a shipment from Onnit yesterday that included some pumpkin spice emulsified MCT. Dropped 3 tablespoons in a 32oz mug of coffee for my morning commute and I was not hungry until noon. After being on this diet for a while, that stuff was like having a big desert for breakfast

Post a link for that MCT oil. Sounds delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          Post a link for that MCT oil. Sounds delicious!
                          HEB in Katy sells the vanilla version. Not cheap but being able to use it in coffee without a blender makes it worth it to me.

Our MCT Oil is one of the fastest sources of clean fuel for the body and brain. With fewer steps to convert into caloric energy than carbohydrates, it is hands down one of the best ways to power up your performance.

Comment

HEB in Katy sells the vanilla version. Not cheap but being able to use it in coffee without a blender makes it worth it to me.

https://www.onnit.com/emulsified-mct-oil/

I'll check the one in Clear Lake. Thank ya sir.

Comment

Wife and I just started the new Keto diet. On week 2 and so far its going good. I do miss some of the carbs i was use to but mental control is working.

I do have a request for suggestions. What are you all using for Protein powder? I like to have at least 1 shake a day to supplement protein intake. Most powders im use to have a pretty high count of carbs.

Thank you for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by txisboi23 View Post
                                Wife and I just started the new Keto diet. On week 2 and so far its going good. I do miss some of the carbs i was use to but mental control is working.

I do have a request for suggestions. What are you all using for Protein powder? I like to have at least 1 shake a day to supplement protein intake. Most powders im use to have a pretty high count of carbs.

Thank you for the help!
                                I take in around 150 grams of protein per day and I don't take in any shakes. Some say whey protein can kick ya out of ketosis. If I was to use a shake, it would be a blend of proteins. Look up Keto-Pro. It's expensive but made for no carb warriors.

Comment

Working...
                                X