Corpus Christi / Padre Island Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corpus Christi / Padre Island Advice

We live in Austin and my wife's birthday is coming up April 20th. She wan't to go stay on the beach some where she would prefer something on the beach. We used to live in Houston and go to the beach at Freeport all the time she would lay in the sun and I would fish in the surf and run baits out with my kayak with our two kids 12 & 14. I have started to look at AirBnb and Vbro but we are open to hotels too. Right now I am just looking for advice on a place to go it seems like everywhere is about 4 hours away.

Thanks for any advice...

Maybe around Port A?

Comment

Mayan princess is super nice there’s also one right in front of Horace Caldwell pier in port a I forget the name “ the dunes” maybe. That pier is in the surf

Comment

There are a couple condos right on the beach at north padre. Call corpus tourist bureau.

Comment

Theres no better way than to spend a night or two on the beach down Padre Island National sea shore. i spend most of spring and summer down there.

Comment

Island House is the best in my opinion. It is a mile north of Bob Hall pier and right on the beach. It is usually great fishing In front of the condo too. www.ccislandhouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
              Island House is the best in my opinion. It is a mile north of Bob Hall pier and right on the beach. It is usually great fishing In front of the condo too. www.ccislandhouse.com
              Concur. We've been staying at the Island House for over 20 years. The prices have steadily gone up, and it's not as quiet as it once was, but it's still a great vacation spot for us. They now have a service where they'll set up a nice shade awning and chairs for you that you can rent by the day (charge it to your room). The wife and kids really enjoy that, and it keeps me from hauling all of that stuff down to the beach and setting it up, etc. Port A is close enough to drive to for dinner and/or to take a party boat for dolphin watching or fishing.

Hope you and the wife have a great time.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I found this on the Island House FAQ page. Why?

WE DO NOT RENT TO RESIDENTS OF CORPUS CHRISTI,TX

I have taken the family out to a condo on the beach for a weekend getaway in the past.

Comment

We have a condo on the Island, PM me your dates and I'll see if I can get you hooked up.

Comment

Working...
                  X