Geico, RV & Buzzards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geico, RV & Buzzards

I’m not happy with Geico right now. It looks like they are rejecting to cover the damage to our RV. They said they don’t cover loss caused by birds, vermin, rodents, insects or animals.

We have property outside of Brenham where we eventually will build on. We have a RV out there that we stay in on some weekends. In June we saw a lot of buzzards hanging around the pond. There is a few dead trees still standing from the drought we had. I figured with all the heat we had in June we had some fish die off. Our pond is stocked with catfish. Then we noticed some feathers around the RV. The next time we went out there we saw pieces of the rubber roof on the ground. The buzzards had started eating on the rubber roof and had really messed it up. The edges are all gone and there is also large pieces missing. At this same time period we had rain come thru and there is water damage as well. The insurance adjuster came out and he said he never heard of buzzards eating on a roof. This weekend we received a letter saying they wouldn’t cover the damages. Our adjuster is still looking into it.
    Guess I should have went with Farmers. They say they cover anything.

If you got Geico for your RV you might want to look at other providers.

Sounds like hail damage to me busted your rubber and caused water damage. What buzzards?

Comment

Had buzzards eat on the seats in a buddys high end pontoon boat. Crazy!!

Comment

Those **** buzzards havin hell on the TBH community.

Comment

Tell the adjuster to park his car or truck at the north end of lake bastrop. Buzzards will have his windshield wipers off in less than an hour into fishing.

Comment

I never would have guessed it wouldn't be covered. Learned another lesson about seeing what is covered and what isn't. The estimate to replace the rubber roof is 5-6K.

Once I started googling it I also saw how they were stripping wiper blades.

Comment

I have my trailer insured by progressive.
              They inured "hail" damage.

Comment

the buzzards will eat the vinyl on boat seats and seals where they can get it, it's like a drug gives them a high is what I have been told.

Once they learn it they won't leave it alone. I had friends who couldn't keep boat seats out in the boat house for the buzzards getting to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  Tell the adjuster to park his car or truck at the north end of lake bastrop. Buzzards will have his windshield wipers off in less than an hour into fishing.
                  Yep, they even have signs posted about it there. I’ve seen that ramp temporarily shut down while they deal with them.

Comment

Our neighbor had an Angus cow(black) die near our shared fence line. The buzzards hung out on my fishing dock between meals and ate all black rubber fishing rod holders. I wondered if the color was what attracted them.

Aside from that they made a HUGE MESS!!!

Comment

Try it under your homeowners.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                        Those **** buzzards havin hell on the TBH community.
                        No doubt! Gotta be mad at something, and Buzzards got their card pulled today!

Comment

They eat the window caulk from the high rise buildings in the energy corridor west of Houston, they are terrible.

Comment

I had Foremost for two claims. Made money both times.

Comment

They tore my shingles off my roof and ate pool cushions and floats a few years ago after LCRA built transmission line near my home.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X