No announcement yet.

Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since it was time to do blood work for my cholesterol issues I requested a testosterone screen as well. My numbers came back very low so my Dr. said to have a second test done for insurance coverage. Just got that done, waiting on results. I guess I'm gonna try the shots every 2 weeks to start with. Thanks for all the info posted on here. I'll be happy to share my results once I get going.

Comment

I just did the same thing. Will get my results this evening. To be honest I kinda hope I am real low. I need a reason why I can no longer lose weight and feel so sluggish all the time. I work out more now than I ever have yet always feel like crap. Hoping they find a reason and a way to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
        Follow up today, the experiment of taking 1.5 tabs of clomid didn't result in a significant increase from one tab. We are going to give it some more time, however, one offer on the table was Test + HCG injections. Anyone here take HCG?
        I was on HCG for awhile with my testosterone. It was expensive and I didn't see any noticeable difference over the testosterone alone personally.

Comment

Using Testosterone therapy will seriously jack you up if you ever stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            Since it was time to do blood work for my cholesterol issues I requested a testosterone screen as well. My numbers came back very low so my Dr. said to have a second test done for insurance coverage. Just got that done, waiting on results. I guess I'm gonna try the shots every 2 weeks to start with. Thanks for all the info posted on here. I'll be happy to share my results once I get going.
            I don't know why ANY doctor prescribes male HRT every 2 weeks. Research testosterone half life. 2 weeks apart is a roller coaster for your hormones.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
              Using Testosterone therapy will seriously jack you up if you ever stop it.

This is what holds me back. I cant see taking something for the rest of my life. Im still in the normal range but on the very low end of it. I have plenty of energy and motivation. I cant put on muscle like I used to and carry a little more body fat (especially given the fact I workout 5 days a week) than I like but I guess that comes with being mid 50s.

Comment

If you use it and stop there is a very real possibility of hypogonadism. Aka, ball shrinkage. Your body stops producing testosterone at all when taking synthetic testosterone. Stop it and you'll end up with marbles, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                  Ask around 1st, find a doctor a few friends use. Have him prescribe HCG with your TRT.

I take HCG with my test cyp shot every week.

Comment

If you stop test treatment the dr should give you hcg to restore your natural test levels. Don’t ever just quit cold turkey. And I know I posted this like three times already but price the difference between paying with insurance and using GoodRx.com to get a coupon to use at local pharmacies. Save me huge every time. $48 for a 10cc bottle vs like $200 through insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                      Follow up today, the experiment of taking 1.5 tabs of clomid didn't result in a significant increase from one tab. We are going to give it some more time, however, one offer on the table was Test + HCG injections. Anyone here take HCG?

I do bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        If you use it and stop there is a very real possibility of hypogonadism. Aka, ball shrinkage. Your body stops producing testosterone at all when taking synthetic testosterone. Stop it and you'll end up with marbles, lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          Nobody has sex six times and week unless its with them self.

Oh how I beg to differ my brother! I guess we ain't all living the dream?

Comment

Doses and administration are def not "one size fits all". It really depends on your genetic make up, your body's existing homeostatic levels, and your genetic predisposition to how you respond.

I am not going to post how much I take, but as a competitive bodybuilder who double qualified for nationals this year, its a little more than the traditional "therapeutic" dose. Up until 40, I had been all natural my entire life but was having a harder and harder time recovering and putting size back on. Got tested....twice because the doc questioned the first results...128 and 141. So I leveled the playing field and now stay above 1500 at all times. The sides I see are oilier skin, some bacne here and there, and my girlfriend has to sleep with a bucket of ice next to the bed.

With my levels being so low, blowing out my HPTA isn't a concern...I'm a lifer for TRT regardless. In conjunction with my test (which I pin twice weekly) I take HCG and an estrogen blocker. I do not go to my PCP for this anymore, but sought out, and found, someone who specialized in HRT and works with a lot of athletes. He pulls blood monthly and we tweak as needed. Monitoring is KEY!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                              How bad do you have to feel to need this treatment?

If you are a senior citizen in terrific shape, have energy, sex six times a week, and exercises four to seven times a week with high intensity intervals and weight/resistance, should you get checked?
                              I go full bore for thirty second intervals. I usually shut it down if my heart rate hits 175, let it drop back to about 128, then ramp up again. I'm shaped well with lean muscle, maybe 6% bodyfat, and I'm not interested in mass, would this treatment help me?

My goal is ONLY to stay active and capable until the finish line and I hope that is about 110 years old.
                              Never seen a senior citizen with 6% body fat. Your realize this is body builder thing, 8 pack showing.
                              If this is true science needs to study you!

Comment

Tag for later

Comment

Working...
                                X