Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

Today is obviously a special day to all the fathers out there. That being said, I'm also reminded that it brings pain to those of us that have lost a child. I'm a member of this club that no one wants to ever join.

Just a shout out to my fellow TBHers...SaltwaterSlick, Toolman, Fishndadio, MertzonMan...all of you are on my mind today. I'm sorry because I know there are many more that I'm just not aware of.

Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith..It's just the price you pay for loving someone.-Author Unknown

Someone here on TBH once shared this with me:
    "The lonliest people are the kindest.
    The saddest people smile the brightest.
    The most damaged people are the wisest.
    All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do"
    ...Anonymous

Amen.

Comment

We lost our beautiful girl when she was seven years old. She was such a great kid, she was on the top rated swim team, could water ski since she was five and also on a ballet team.

She flew to PA by herself to spend time with my parents. When we picked her up a week later at the airport she did not have color in her lips. We asked her if she was OK and she said yes.

This was on a Saturday and my wife took her to her doctor Monday morning. He said take her to Texas Childrens Hospital emergency room where she was diagnosed with Acute Myloid Leukemia and died three and one half weeks later.

She would have been 29 on June 2.

This is hard to write, but I thank you for starting this thread.

Comment

This was our baby.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434905956.909606.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	24387396

Comment

With tears in my eyes, I thank you again RascalArms.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter View Post
            With tears in my eyes, I thank you again RascalArms.
            Thanks for sharing your story Doug...she is beautiful! May God Bless you sir.

My oldest son Jerod. 9/2/84 - 6/9/2009
            Attached Files

Comment

Really tough to read this..........but YES............Happy Fathers Day to the ones that have the deepest scars. Keep your belief strong, no matter what life brings your way! Mine (17) got on a plane early this morning for Johns Hopkins Medical camp. I was thrilled when she landed 35 minutes early and texted, all was great in her world.............and mine!

Comment

Thanks Joel for bringing this to light. What a great reminder that celebration for many can stir different emotions for a few.

Comment

Wishing you all a special Fathers Day and also to the Fathers who have lost Fathers.

Comment

RascalArms, I can tell by looking at your son's face and eyes that he was a good person. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Landrover, I know what you felt when your daughter got on that plane. That's exactly how I felt. One good thing is not many people belong to the club that no one ever wants to join.

I pray that no one on here ever becomes a member. Chances are slim, but as parents you always worry.

Comment

They are with our father in heaven. Waiting for us to come home.

Comment

Happy Fathers Day guys. Tough reading all the way around

Comment

Thanks for thinking of this RA. I'm not a fan of Father's Day but I'm a fan of all the great dads here. Both those who have dealt with loss and those who haven't, deserve recognition for the greatest title a man can be given. Happy Fathers day everyone!

Comment

May you all find peace and God Bless you all.

Comment

prayers and supprt sent to all who have been mentioned above

I'd also like to mention Bearkills who lost his 13 yr old son in a drowning accident in 2009

we love all of you the whole world and pray for you and your spouses daily

Papa Prosser , we love you too sir

Comment

Working...
                              X