Real time Tundra MPGs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real time Tundra MPGs???

Can you Tundra owners give me some real time mpgs y'all are getting on the 2014+ tundras with the 5.7 and 4.30 rear end. I was talking with my mom earlier and we got on the subject that I was playing with the idea of a new truck and that the Tundra was on the list. She is not a fan of the Toyotas because of several reasons but that's beside the point. Somehow we got on the subject of the 4.30 rear end and how she thinks that it is going to get HORRIBLE gas mileage because she had a Ford 7.3 once with a 4.10 and it guzzled deisel.

If your looking for high gas mileage, look elsewhere. My 2016 Crewmax 4x4 with 5.7 will get 16.7 straight easy highway, and 13.6 average everyday running around. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything, and when it's time to switch, I'll get another one. Love them!

Comment

15.9 overall on my 2016 sr5. I drive 85 on the hwy.

Comment

13.8 avg mpg. Will be selling it next year when the f150 power strokes are released.

Comment

15.2 -15.5 city, 16-16.5 hwy, best truck I've owned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
            If your looking for high gas mileage, look elsewhere. My 2016 Crewmax 4x4 with 5.7 will get 16.7 straight easy highway, and 13.6 average everyday running around. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything, and when it's time to switch, I'll get another one. Love them!
            Haha oh I'm not worried about MPGs, that's just something she is trying to say that the 4.30 will get terrible. I told her with the transmission geared right that the 4.30 didn't matter. I drive a 2012 Hemi 2500 Ram with 3.73 rear, I get 11.5-12

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            15.9 overall on my 2016 sr5. I drive 85 on the hwy.
            Haha that sounds pretty comparable to my driving

Comment

Great truck! I get 14-15 average.

Comment

13ish. 34.5" tires.

Comment

16.0 average through 50k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

14 city 17 road running 34" tires.
                    Now if you run 90 on the Texas Autobahn it gets about 10

Comment

I've gotten 16.5-17 mpg, mixed driving, for the 80k that I put on my truck. Now hook a trailer up to it, ha ha, and it goes way down lol. But it pulls like a freight train. I usually get 9 mph pulling my dad's 35 horse kubota with shredder etc.. But I can pull it 100 mph if I wanted without issue lol

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. all of this is pretty spot on for what I figured.

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                        I've gotten 16.5-17 mpg, mixed driving, for the 80k that I put on my truck. Now hook a trailer up to it, ha ha, and it goes way down lol. But it pulls like a freight train. I usually get 9 mph pulling my dad's 35 horse kubota with shredder etc.. But I can pull it 100 mph if I wanted without issue lol
                        Haha that's what I like to hear, I don't have much heavy anything anymore but it's nice to hear that it pulls good. I was curious to how hard they would pull with the 4.30

Comment

Any more just to widen the playing field?

Comment

15.5 mpg in my wifes truck. Has around 45k miles and is bone stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

mpg

I have a 3" lift with bigger tires. I get under 14 and pulling a trailer get 9. It didn't really change with the tires either, not enough to worry about.I have never ever and I mean never ever got 16 plus even on the highway. My hwy miles are maybe 14.5 but that's it. This is my 1st Tundra and wouldn't change it for the world. i knew going in the gas mileage wasn't going to be great but heck man it's a truck they are not made for gas mileage!!!!!! Good luck! If it makes you feel any better i had an ecoboost before this and never got over 15.5, Ill take the Tundra anyday over the ford

Comment

Working...
                              X