Need tbh opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need tbh opinions please

Ok guys I️ got a question for y’all I’m getting ready or considering buying a pair of good rubber boots. So my question is how much more effective are they for scent control vs regular boots and any suggestions for style? Going to cabelas and looking for ok warmth with focus on comfort. Thanks guys

I wear rubber boots cause my snake boot have gas and everything else on them. I have not tried to see if there is a difference. I will say if you get a rubber boot, have one with the calf strap. It makes a difference if muddy, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
      I wear rubber boots cause my snake boot have gas and everything else on them. I have not tried to see if there is a difference. I will say if you get a rubber boot, have one with the calf strap. It makes a difference if muddy, trust me.
      I wear them when it has recently rained. I recommend the strap on the calf as well. It makes it 10X's easier to walk through the muddy areas!

Comment

I’ve got a pair of uninsulated Irish setters and they are very comfortable boot and where them a majority of the time. I would recommend them for sure!

Comment

What’s y’all thought on scent control

Comment

Originally posted by Crappie View Post
            What’s y’all thought on scent control
            I would say, without a doubt, that rubber boots are better for scent control.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              I would say, without a doubt, that rubber boots are better for scent control.
              X2.

Comment

I wear the lacrosse rubber boot in the Grange style. I like then because they are light and really stay on your feet well when getting into some thick mud. Probably not the best boot for warmth though

Comment

Rubber boots will NOT keep your feet warm!! Doesn't matter how much insulation or your socks

Comment

Imo there is no advantage to them for scent control. They are good as a mud boot and nothing more.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                      Imo there is no advantage to them for scent control. They are good as a mud boot and nothing more.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                      I do not agree with this at all. Years of experience has shown me quite the opposite. I hunted out west and even in the Rockies and have had much better control of ground scent wearing rubber boots as opposed to fabric or leather boots. Most of the time out west, mud was not a consideration at all...

Having said all that, I think what is more important is WHATEVER boots/shoes you decide to wear ONLY WEAR THEM WHEN YOU ARE ACTUALLY HUNTING... Do NOT wear them around camp, getting in/out of your vehicle, etc... The soles of any footwear will absorb the scent of whatever you happen to step on/in... When I'm bowhunting especially, I change shoes/boots when I get out of the truck to go hunt and change back to my street shoes/boots when I return to the truck at the end of the hunt... IF you do that, then boots other than rubber boots work OK... still not as good as a rubber boot for scent control however.... IMHO, but then opinions are just like a-holes, everbody's got one...

Comment

Muck boots or Lacrosse

Skinny

Comment

Oh yea, I wear LaCrosse Snake boots (rubber) when hunting during warm weather, and the LaCrosse alpha burley (uninsulated) when it's colder...

Comment

I wear the ones you but at Wal Mart.
                            Why?
                            They're in my price range.

Comment

agreed with Saltwater.

Countless times deer have crossed and even walked my trail while I had rubber boots on. Two weeks ago a little 8 walked right under me and used the same trail as I did. He layed down not 20 yards from the tree.

I wear lacrosse grange

Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-07-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X