No announcement yet.

Fess up, we all know you have done something Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, I am guilty of the accidental mega pee swig in the deer blind as well as checking the oil in a running generator.
    Pretty much word for word these guy's descriptions.

Comment

I also jumped in a golf cart and peeled out backwards my buddy couldn't get in.
      T-boned the back door of a Cadillac at full throttle in the process.

Comment

Bowfishing your own foot sounds pretty terrible too.

Comment

I have NEVER done anything STUPID except PO "some" TBH members...BUT, with my Alpha Sheepdog personality...I just moved responses I could not accept to IGNORED. Works for me.... , made so many stupid mistakes over 65 years I can't even come up with a good one anymore....

Comment

Going hunting, got all the way to some public ground in Newton, had everything including arrows, except for my bow...left it at home

Comment

Went fishing at Rayburn, Winter time, Im the only one at the launch, back the trailer down to get my boat, get out of truck the door shuts because of the incline and my door is locked. So my truck is running on the ramp and I have no spare key.

Comment

The illegal ones I will keep to myself

Comment

One summer I was a member of a Hotshot fire crew that also worked in the woods of the Sierras between fires. This particular day I was assigned to swamp for a cat-skinner (safety watch for a Caterpillar operator). That day, we were headed back to camp and caught a Rattler crossing the dirt road in the middle of the day. I commented that I’d heard that a Rattler would die if left in the hot sun for 5 minutes. The cat-skinner replied, ok let’s find out as he stopped the truck, got out and grabbed the shovel.

I checked my watch as he approached the snake and proceeded to keep him on the road with the shovel. After 3 minutes, The Rattler was acting funny, at 6 minutes he began biting his own tail, at 9 minutes he was done for and after 13 minutes, he was stone dead. Looking back, the whole incident was wrong, cruel and dangerous!

Statically, 80% of all Rattler bites happened when the victim was trying to kill a Rattler

Comment

Me and my cousin when young kids thought it would be a good idea to throw a CO2 into a fire... sounded like a bomb went off my dad then an active duty policeman came running out in his underwear only to find me and my cousin with holes burned in our clothes... lets just say we got a good whippin after that!

Comment

Originally posted by josepht View Post
                      Me and my cousin when young kids thought it would be a good idea to throw a CO2 into a fire... sounded like a bomb went off my dad then an active duty policeman came running out in his underwear only to find me and my cousin with holes burned in our clothes... lets just say we got a good whippin after that!
                      That is funny and not funny at the same time

Comment

Way back in my Navy days...lol
                        I could fill a library. rednecks, engineers and booze.

Comment

Here is my "Hold my beer" moment

At our house on the Guadalupe, several beers in, there is a perfectly straight tree about
                          4" in diameter by the water. I said " I bet I can get a running start and spin myself all of the way around that tree and land on my feet." Handed my beer to a friend and took off. Made it about half way through the spin when the tree snapped off level with the ground and I face planted. One of my friends has asthma and laughed so hard she had to go get her inhaler.

The worst part, I am 51 years old!!

Comment

Went to Lubbock one weekend to meet some high school buddies who were going to Tech. Made it to the strip to pick up beer just before closing time. A few too many cold ones later, I climbed on the “bucking bull trainer” they’d built (i.e. barrel, springs, and cheap rope strung between flimsy panhandle trees in a trailer par)

20 years later my back still hurts fairly frequently but it was worth it!

Comment

It was a Friday in December 2002 doing framing work. I was short a couple of guys that left early for X-mas down south and wanted to finish a bunch of work before the extended holiday. Working solo, I was hanging under a balcony partially on a ladder with a framing gun loaded with ring shanks above my head. Literally had one last board before shutting it down for the day when I pulled the hose and missed grabbing the framing gun. About the time I caught the gun it hit my knee and heard it go off. Really didn't feel anything but looked down knowing what I might find which were my jeans pinned 3/4" deep into my leg. So I'm standing there on a incline with my knee bent basically locked with a 3" nail through the joint. Unable to straighten my left leg, I hop around to the front of the house on one leg to my truck where my phone was located. I really was trying to figure out a way to drive myself to the hospital before emberassingly calling my wife to pick me up. If it wasn't for the Dodge with the 6spd, I'd probably have another stupid story to tell. Surgery and five days later I got to go home from the hospital.
                              Last edited by Notaguide; 12-07-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Well I don't feel so bad about myself now...

We bought a new '17 F250 back in March. As many of y'all know, we just built a shop. Since we were pouring concrete, we decided to go ahead and take out a few bushes and pour a concrete sidewalk instead of having pavers anymore. Well, the winch on my Jeep wasn't strong enough (Jeep too light) so instead, we hooked a chain around a bush and then to the rear bumper of the 6 month old truck. On the second try, one of the links of the chain SNAPPED and flew into the tailgate leaving 6 or so nice ping pong ball sized dents... smh. I took the blame for that even though it wasn't my idea. I was just driving... those bushes came out a lot easier with the contractor's excavator...

Comment

Working...
                                X