Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
    You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

Comment

You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Wrong again! You beat them into submission and curb stomp them for not following unlawful "orders"!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
        Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
        This

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Wrong again! You beat them into submission and curb stomp them for not following unlawful "orders"!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
            Crap. Im not good at this game.[emoji30]

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
              He let the situation escalate. There were 3 others that disembarked the plane without pitching a fit. Since 09/11, planes are different than any scenario that you or I have previously mentioned.
              He did not let it escalate. He refused to volunteer. The airline let it escalate. Just because your friends jump off a cliff you do too? I mean, maybe, depends on the cliff, whats at the bottom, etc. But, perhaps I missed the part of being a human that tells me to be a lemming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                I'm talking about knowing the definitions of "violence" and "orders". You may want to look them up.
                Perhaps you need to educate yourself on "connotation" vs "denotation". Also, this isnt about orders. Its about broken, poorly written policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Glad you cleared that up! But you seem to be ok with LE beating up everyone they come in contact with.
                  I do? Interesting. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
                    Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.
                    Ive seen a lot of people admit to a lot of things when the proper pressure is applied.

Comment

I'm no business executive or CEO, but Oscar Munoz's most recent statement - his third, by the way:

"The truly horrific event that occurred on this flight has elicited many responses from all of us: outrage, anger, disappointment. I share all of those sentiments, and one above all: my deepest apologies for what happened. Like you, I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard. No one should ever be mistreated this way.

I want you to know that we take full responsibility and we will work to make it right.

It’s never too late to do the right thing. I have committed to our customers and our employees that we are going to fix what’s broken so this never happens again. This will include a thorough review of crew movement, our policies for incentivizing volunteers in these situations, how we handle oversold situations and an examination of how we partner with airport authorities and local law enforcement. We’ll communicate the results of our review by April 30th.

I promise you we will do better."

should have been the first thing he said about this incident, rather than what he initially said:

“This is an upsetting event to all of us here at United. I apologize for having to reaccommodate these customers. Our team is moving with a sense of urgency to work with the authorities and conduct our own detailed review of what happened. We are also reaching out to this passenger to talk directly to him and further address and resolve this situation.”

This is simply not the right way to treat people. I know people need their jobs, but if I was a United employee and witnessed this incident, I would have tried to put a halt to it. Yes, I've lost jobs before doing the right thing. It was painful and embarrassing, but after explaining what I did and why to my kids I felt better about doing the "right thing".

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Okay, you want to talk about the second part?

Airline didn't even follow the law they were basing "enforcement" action upon. They are required to provide written reasons for a passenger being denied a place on a flight. Furthermore, that should have happened BEFORE the passenger was even ON the plane. Since, we want to discuss the more general concept of compliance with authority, consider whether unjust actions require compliance. American Founders didn't think so. Were they in compliance with the Law of the Land as proclaimed by the British Monarch? No. Did they suffer. You bet. An unjust law does not have Authority and, therefore, does not require compliance. (This was the Founders' thinking) Doesn't mean there won't be immediate "pain." Still doesn't make improper enforcement of unjust policy right. And the enforcement was admittedly improper -- as corroborated by the suspension of those officers.

I will be very surprised if there are not sweeping regulatory changes made to airline passenger-rights policies.
                        Thank you. I enjoyed reading your post.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                          Should be decided and handled before people were allowed to board. Once boarded and have a confirmed seat, that is a different issue.
                          I agree. I'm not saying that the airlines were right in the way they handled the situation, but neither was the passenger. Like I said, the other 3 complied without any incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            Offer more incentives until the fourth one volunteers. Pretty simple actually.
                            Do you know how much was offered. I believe there is a law that limits how much compensation can be offered.

Comment

food for thought...he can only see his patients 1 day a week.
                              Originally posted by bwssr View Post

Comment

I do? Interesting. How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Because you said ALL ENFORCEMENT is violent. Funny I've never experienced violence when pulled over.

Comment

Working...
                                X