Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
    Because this is relevant to the issue at hand?

Comment

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
      By insinuating this guy was acting similar to a drunk ahole instead of recognizing him as a normal dude trying to get home whose behavior didnt warrant forced removal.

He wasnt violent or verbally abusive. He refused to volunteer. Not exactly a jerk.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      He let the situation escalate. There were 3 others that disembarked the plane without pitching a fit. Since 09/11, planes are different than any scenario that you or I have previously mentioned.

Comment

Not really. Read the stories. The system is designed to be a volunteer system.

And when no one volunteers, what next?

Comment

By insinuating this guy was acting similar to a drunk ahole instead of recognizing him as a normal dude trying to get home whose behavior didnt warrant forced removal.

He wasnt violent or verbally abusive. He refused to volunteer. Not exactly a jerk.

Based on the information currently available, you don't know this. Like I said before, there is at least 10-20 minutes leading up to the extraction that none of us have seen or heard.

Comment

Just saw a report about another similar situation that happened recently with a UA passenger boarded in first class already seated & was approached with overbooked situation. Said they needed his seat for a more important flyer & threatened him with handcuffs if necessary. Not good for UA publicity & will only add fuel to the fire

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
              It got violent because the passenger resisted following orders. He was told that he had to get off the plane and did not do it, so he had to be removed.
              I don't know that fight or flight is relevant in this case because was he ever in danger. This sounds more like an angry temper tantrum.
              Any time someone uses force, regardless of situation, fight or flight will kick in. This guy was that, a guy, trying to get home. The airline allowed him to board. They asked for volunteers and needed to keep asking. Even $10,000 is worth not re-accomodating someones face over an airline seat.

Comment

Offer more incentives until the fourth one volunteers. Pretty simple actually.

Comment

Originally posted by mighty View Post
                  Because this is relevant to the issue at hand?
                  Welcome back...

Comment

Should be decided and handled before people were allowed to board. Once boarded and have a confirmed seat, that is a different issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                      Welcome back...
                      thanks???

Comment

Psst.. airline admitted fault.. police admitted fault by suspending the officer....this negates any argument for how the passenger was to blame, regardless of hurt feelings.

Doc about to get major dolla bills yawl..
                        Every other theory, opinion, and complaint is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                          Based on the information currently available, you don't know this. Like I said before, there is at least 10-20 minutes leading up to the extraction that none of us have seen or heard.
                          Agreed. However, based on numerous accounts, he was peaceful. But, just like cop shootings, nothing is fully known for days or weeks. I usually side with LE right away. But, this, this just seems all wrong from the beginning.

Even if he became violent, and then would need to be removed, this whole thing could have been avoided by increasing the compensation until someone accepted. There just wasnt any need to force this one dude off the plane in the first place. But, to be clear, if he became violent first, then gig him.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                            victim shaming/blaming? How is this relevant to this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                              Should be decided and handled before people were allowed to board. Once boarded and have a confirmed seat, that is a different issue.
                              Correct. And this is exactly how it is normally handled.

Comment

You send your flight crew on a different flight or send them driving.

Comment

Working...
                                X