Kayak deal alert - Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak deal alert - Academy

I was in the Dickinson Academy today and they had Perception Pescador 12' kayaks on sale for $400. Regular price is $550. I picked up 1 and they had 4 left.

Those suckers are 550?! When I got into kayak fishing about three years ago, I bought a perception 12 at Academy for 450 and that's with tax.

Comment

Dang, heck of a deal.

Comment

On TKF there was a pic of a academy that had them for 399 right now

Comment

I've owned a Perception Pescador and another one they have listed on their black friday deals - the Emotion Stealth Angler.

I sold the Pescador within 3 months of buying it. We've owned the Stealth Angler for 5+ years and I won't ever sell it, if that tells you anything.

They have the Stealth Angler on sale for $299 for Black Friday. That's a stupid good deal on one of the best boats I've ever paddled.

Don't let the 10' length fool you. That little Stealth can do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
            I've owned a Perception Pescador and another one they have listed on their black friday deals - the Emotion Stealth Angler.

I sold the Pescador within 3 months of buying it. We've owned the Stealth Angler for 5+ years and I won't ever sell it, if that tells you anything.

They have the Stealth Angler on sale for $299 for Black Friday. That's a stupid good deal on one of the best boats I've ever paddled.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VTxYQL2SbA"]Fall Out Boy - Uma Thurman - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I bought the stealth angler last year and so far I love it. Couple of us go on river trips every spring and there are usually 2 pescadors and my stealth angler. We plan on doin the Devils this year so we'll see how it holds up. Either one is a good buy imho

Comment

I love the seat in the Stealth and the hard seat back. Great for my back. I think you'll find that little boat will handle the Devil's just fine.

The perception is a good solid buy. Just not as versatile or easy to paddle or quite as comfortable as the Stealth IMO, plus the Stealth is just 45 lbs. so it's a breeze to load.

Comment

I have a 10' Pescador and I love it.

Comment

Tommy you lost me on the Uma Thurman reference.

Comment

Yea I'm trying to figure that one out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                        Yea I'm trying to figure that one out myself.
                        Maybe one of the kayak-challenged who falls out? ha, ha.

Comment

Maybe one of the kayak-challenged who falls out? ha, ha.
                          Hahahaha.......

Comment

If I didn't already have a small fleet of kayaks, I'd buy 2 more of those. I've paddled my Stealth up to a mile offshore in the Gulf, and 5-6 miles in the bay or rivers in a single day. Amazing what that little boat can do.

Comment

i have musical tourette syndrome. sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X