26 nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
    Read to expect 500 rounds...and I'm in the same boat with a 257 weatherby, lol.
    That is way to low, if it's a dedicated hunting rifle you should easily reach a 1000.
    I have a 257 WBY 6.5-284 Norma and a 28 Nosler these are all for hunting only. I will easily get over a 1000 rounds. I dought I will ever have to replace the barrels in my life time.

Comment

There ya go, true life experiences...can believe everything off the internet!

Comment

I just bought a 26 nosler in the xbolt and I am waiting on ammo to come in for it. Will try to get out to the range next weekend. Really excited to try it out. I don’t see barrel life bing a problem as it will be primarily a hunting rifle. I think it will easily outshine the 6.5 creed that everyone seems to be praising.(I own one as well but haven’t shot it yet either!)

Comment

Btw if anyone has any good reloading info for it let me know!
          Last edited by hybridhunternm; 01-08-2018, 05:34 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Huge negative the barrel life
            1200-1500 rounds is a pretty good number. Will be good the next 20 years for most hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              You don’t buy a hot rod and worry about the tires, if you did you should probably buy a Kia.
              I never worry about barrel life, never even crosses my mind.

Somebody give this man a beer! That barrel should last as long as you take care of it and don’t abuse it for at least 1000 rounds which should last a long time in the hunting world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                Somebody give this man a beer! That barrel should last as long as you take care of it and don’t abuse it for at least 1000 rounds which should last a long time in the hunting world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Didn’t think about when I bought my Weatherby Mark V in 6.5-300 nor did I think about it with my .257 wby

Comment

If you want the fastest possible 6.5 (with the recoil and overbore to match) in an esoteric cartridge, the only actual downside I see is a short neck.

Personally I'd go with a larger caliber if I was building another mule-kicker. Saying 26 it outshines the creedmoor is the same as saying the 375 wby outshines the 26 nosler, or the creedmoor outshines the 6.5 grendel. They're different tools that have different tradeoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                    If you want the fastest possible 6.5 (with the recoil and overbore to match) in an esoteric cartridge, the only actual downside I see is a short neck.

Personally I'd go with a larger caliber if I was building another mule-kicker. Saying 26 it outshines the creedmoor is the same as saying the 375 wby outshines the 26 nosler, or the creedmoor outshines the 6.5 grendel. They're different tools that have different tradeoffs.
                    Creedmoor isn’t talked about on this post is it?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Creedmoor isn’t talked about on this post is it?
                      26 Nosler is a 6.5...........

Comment

I liked mine so much I built another one.

I can fling a 140 accubond over 3500 fps.

Everything it has touched has dropped in its tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                          26 Nosler is a 6.5...........
                          No cheet. He made a statement about it outshining a creedmoor.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            No cheet. He made a statement about it outshining a creedmoor.

No, his comment meant it was senseless to compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              No, his comment meant it was senseless to compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridhunternm View Post
                                I think it will easily outshine the 6.5 creed that everyone seems to be praising.
                                Yep, I was commenting on this. The bigger point is that all these calibers represent a series of tradeoffs, and saying one is "better" or "inferior" to another is usually more succinctly "designed for a different set of criteria".

Comment

Working...
                                X