Lone Wolf tree stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Wolf tree stands

Trying to decide which one to get. The alpha or the assault. Anyone here use either? Pros and cons?

I have about 10 of the Alpha's and I like them for all day sits. They are very comfortable and well built. I think the assault may be a little smaller so depending on where you will be hunting may dictate which one to go with. For me the Alpha is my favorite as I don't wish to scrimp on platform size.

Comment

Anybody else have experiences with lone wolf stands?

Comment

I use one as well, alpha as well. My favorite stand by far. I can get it into just about any tree. Sets up in just a few minutes without even breaking a sweat.

Comment

Theres another company though that now sells the exact same stand for much cheaper.. Can't remember the name at the moment.

Edit: found them https://www.xopoutdoors.com/store/pc...p?idCategory=6

Comment

My BIL is very good friends with one of the owners-when I went to hunt with my BIL in Illinois a couple years ago Lone Wolf was all we used(probably because we just went to warehouse and grabbed what we needed)

I was very impressed with the stands and climbing sticks-I can't remember which models we used though

I liked the area on the base for setting your bow down-seats were comfortable for all day sits
            Last edited by perow; 09-06-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Alpha....you'll appreciate the extra size

Comment

I have the alpha and love it.

Comment

I think I will go with the alpha because of the bigger platform. I've always heard they were great stands.

Comment

I used the alpha for public land hund along with lone wolf sticks worked out great light an portable.

Comment

Another vote for the aplha. The only reason for the assault would be for the weight and lower price. Having said that, the weight on the alpha isnt an issue. Ive packed in my pack and bow attached to the stand and it not bad at all. The LW stands are very nice. They are comfortable and easy to hang

Comment

They don't work in crooked trees.

Comment

I've got 2 Alpha stands 30x 19" and one Muddy Hunter 24x34. Both are really good. I've use the LW more, but the room on the Muddy is nice. The Muddy has a foot rest included that you assemble as one piece and it works great but adds weight. The Lone Wolf has after market purchase individual footrests which I haven't really been impressed with but they are "ok". The Muddy is heavier (bigger platform), and has a much better cushioned seat included. The alpha is lighter with an OK seat. For an all day sit, I went with a Hunt Comfort seat to replace the one that came with the LW.
                          Very impressed with the sticks for the LW, and how the stand can be packed all together. Cabela's has a package deal which seems alright: Stand, 4 sticks, and stick holders that clamp to the seat post. Only setback is that the plastic stick holders do not look like they would be very durable long term and they are very proud of them $$$. I just stack the sticks like its meant for and bungee it. Done deal.
                          Go on YOUTUBE and look at all of the DIY guys modifying their LW's, explaining various ways to pack your stand sticks and gear, etc. I've done a lot of it myself including wrapping the sticks in camo and electrical tape and fashioning noise dampeners for the buckles out of bike tube. This is a very rewarding back porch or garage project with the football game in the background and a few beers.

As far as crooked trees go, it has a leveler on the back which I have used many times, especially in TX. You'd be very surprised at what kind of trees you can get into. Depending on how desperate you are to climb a particular tree, the sticks might work well with other screw in steps. Lots of people use the screw in steps on the lower portion of the tree and remove them on the way down if they are worried about their stand and sticks getting stolen.

Ok to answer your original question. Go with the Alpha. You will appreciate the extra room vs the Assault (Assault is 3 lbs lighter, but I like the room). It is also not that much more $$$. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Alpha. Best hang-on ever made. No need to try any other.

Comment

Working...
                              X