M&P sport 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M&P sport 2

I am trying to figure out where S&W cut corners to get the cost down. Does anyone know? There next model is $300 more, so looking for the specs they cut out of the sport 2 to save the money. I know the sport one lacked a forward assist and dust cover but not the case with the sport two.
    Any insight would be great thanks.

I bought a sport 2 and have been very happy with it. It's got a very nice trigger and very accurate out of the box. In fact I like it so much I added a MP 15 22 also. I couldn't find any negative reviews on the MP before I bought mine.

Comment

The M&P 15 Sport is a nice rifle, but lacks an ejection port cover and forward assist. From pics alone, it looks like the Sport II adds the ejection port cover back in. Still doesn't look like it has a forward assist. Neither have a metallic rear sight or carry handle. Part of the cost savings in the sport models may come from the fact that the barrels are standard taper, and do not have variable contour. Machine cutting areas of the barrel to lighten it and to allow for the addition of an M203 (which really is pretty unnecessary) adds cost.
      Last edited by Slow&Steady; 04-08-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

No dust cover and forward assist is the main difference. I've had one for years and love it. Surprisingly accurate and 100 percent realiable. I probably have around 3k rounds through it. However I heard the new ones don't have the 5R rifling like the older models.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnjz1XIqFcw

Just found this. Might help explain a bit.

Comment

I picked up a Sport 2 a couple weeks ago. I have no complaints whatsoever with the gun.

The rear sight is the Magpul Mbus and is very nice.

Barrel profile is good, it's not a "pencil" barrel.

Comes with a PMag, no complaints there.

Dust cover, check. Forward assist, check.

Oh wait...it has a non-adjustable trigger guard but its fixed at the larger version for wearing gloves.

The only real gripe I have is the silly M&P logo on the magwell, easy to eliminate.

Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Edit...found another gripe....it easts ammo too quickly and forces me to buy more.
            Last edited by GrapeApe; 04-08-2016, 02:39 PM. Reason: More info.

Comment

Some long answers. The 15 has some extra chromed odds and ends and some options on low pro gb's and rails. That's it.

With the additions to the sport l, I'd expect the 15 to come down in price.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

Are the barrels and chambers chrome lined on the Sport 2, or is the barrel just a standard chrome moly one. If it is not chrome lined, that is probably how S&W saved a few dollars.

Comment

Its a proprietary version of Melanite.

Comment

X2 it's a process "similar" to Melanie

Comment

Does it have m4 feed ramps

Comment

??

Comment

Working...
                          X