Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    Nice work Buckgirl. It's been awhile since we've seen dead animals on here.

No kiddin there this year has been tough on everyone I know. Some got a small doe or buck but most of us are still trying to fill a tag at all. The Sam does not give out deer easily. This year has been lean.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckGirl View Post
      Don't be hatin' hot rod! I didn't get one last year. I think I've only drawn twice.
      [emoji2] That was said in a fun way...btw. Tod said it was rude, but I forget tone doesn't come across in text. [emoji6] [emoji5] [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by BuckGirl View Post
        [emoji2] That was said in a fun way...btw. Tod said it was rude, but I forget tone doesn't come across in text. [emoji6] [emoji5] [emoji12]

We all know it was. You don't have a mean bone in your body

Comment

Originally posted by Werewolf View Post
          No kiddin there this year has been tough on everyone I know. Some got a small doe or buck but most of us are still trying to fill a tag at all. The Sam does not give out deer easily. This year has been lean.

Hey that small thing hurt lol. But he sure was good on the grill [emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
            We all know it was. You don't have a mean bone in your body
            Awww. So sweet of you to say! Tod would disagree...lol.

Comment

I guarantee if a spike or a 3 point walks out he is in trouble! I'm in first come first serve, freezer fillin` mode[emoji106]

I would be quite satisfied with any legal deer at this point. I've got hog chasing I want to do at the hog lease!

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                I guarantee if a spike or a 3 point walks out he is in trouble! I'm in first come first serve, freezer fillin` mode[emoji106]

I would be quite satisfied with any legal deer at this point. I've got hog chasing I want to do at the hog lease!

I know that's right. I wish I could find the time to get out there. Grand baby took it this weekend. And all the practice is taking the rest. We might need to take a break soon.

Comment

Ha ha....That was actually aimed at my brother in laws little doe ...but shoot....at this point a deer is a deer. I'd be proud to walk out of sam with a few squirrel these days. Slim pickings this year. Not a lot of deer action so far. This is when they should be really stirring about but it just ain't happenin yet it seems

Comment

I think it will soon. I just have a gut feeling it's coming this week. But even with that you better get it when you can.

Comment

I was out this morning and bumped deer walking in. Maybe 25 or 30 yards from my tree. They stomped a few times and walked away in the dark. They must have been the only deer left in the forest and I never saw them again. There's so much food out there they ain't having to move much. It might be awhile before things pick up out there. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

What I'm really counting on is a buck that is up on his feet just cruising for does; or a buck that pushes does past me. Like Kevin said, trying to pattern a specific feeding area is pretty difficult cause they still have lots of food choices. The deer are very nomadic also and just tend to roam.

I'm very hopeful that with the colder temps, it will get them a little more active in the daylight.
                        Last edited by TMiddleton; 11-22-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

WTG Holly !! Awesome job!

Comment

Last 2 hunts I haven't seen squat... It's like trophy speckled trout fishing, 1k casts until you land one.. Back to the grind next weekend

Comment

I'm with you Tod on finding a wandering buck. We've been trying to key on does in our area to up our chances, but they are very nomadic as you said. The rut just seems to sputter along without really taking off. I guess if it was easy everybody would be doing it. We got zeroed in on a good doe group and now it seems the pigs have pushed them off, so it's back to the drawing board.

Comment

I went out again this evening. 2nd trip this year and I haven't seen a deer while hunting yet. Saw 3 does on the drive in about 3:00 though. They were heading for a field on private land. With the sun, I'm sure they were going to hit the new growth in the field before it got too cold.

But I'm just not seeing much. I know they're out there. Seeing scrapes all over.

Spot I've hunted the past 5 years has been busy this year. I've yet to be the only one at that gate, and in past years, I usually was the only one. Lots of tire tracks too, so that tells me that folks have figured out how to hunt that area.

Might be time to find a new area.

Comment

Working...
                                X