Local TV signal question without a receiver box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local TV signal question without a receiver box

Long story short. Wife has a TV in the bathroom that used to have a receiver box on it. She quit watching it so I turned in the receiver on her suggestion and threw away the ancient TV. 8 years later she wants a new TV and to be able to watch her shows in the morning while getting ready. Shows are all on the main networks so I don't need a cable box I don't think...like Good Morning America or some other news stuff. I have a coax hookup in the wall from my previous box so that's not a problem. My question.... should I be able to get my main channels with a TV with a digital tuner connected straight to the coax with m FIOS sub? or do I need to buy an HD antenna for it?

Lol

Comment

I don't know about FIOS, but Comcast makes you pay for a box to receive anything these days.

If you have a digital TV and only want to get the local channels, a cheap HD antenna should work if you are within reasonable distance to broadcast towers.

Comment

I may not be answering the question you are asking but I think you will need an antenna. I have a tv in the garage hooked by coax to a small antenna in the attic. I get all regular UHF channels and a ton of VHF channels - all digital now of course.

Comment

Pretty sure now days you have to have a box. A good HD antanna is like 30 bucks. Used one during Harvey and it saved our ads once the direct tv went out due to the storm.

Comment

No box just go buy an hd antenna for around $30 and bamn..good ole bunny ear TV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

As long as it's an HD TV, all you need is bunny ears. That's all we have and we get around 20 local channels.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Perfect ... thanks guys. 4 boxes in the house and Id prefer not to pay for another for her to watch the locals

Comment

Get you one of them As Seen On TV antennas. $20 wal-mart.

Comment

Update...

Well...luckily for us, the little HD TV I bought on clearance at WM.com has its own digital tuner and with my FIOS sub can get all the locals in HD without a box or HD antenna. Just had to hook it straight to the coax that was already there from the previous TV. Ended up spending just under half of what I though it was going to cost me all together.. Wife is happy with the TV and I'm happy with the cost and low PITA factor..lol..win win....

Comment

Working...
                    X