Harper area 8 point progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harper area 8 point progression

here are some pictures from last year and this year of an 8 point. he stands out because he stays lighter than most of out deer. He will get his winter coat at some point but he is always behind the rest of them. Age and/or score guess welcomed.

Pictures from last year.

This years picture. he is one of 3 bucks I am kind of shooting for but with a low fence place you just never know what the future may hold.

5 or 6 this year and around 120"

Comment

I had him at 4 or 5 this year and 124.

-john

Comment

5-6

Comment

5-1/2 & 116

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

5.5 IMO. Good looking unique buck....that’s been eating well.

Comment

Old buck. 120s

Comment

6.5 118

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where abouts are you hunting? My lease is about 4 miles east of Harper on 290. That 8 and the 10 are good deer for our area. I hope I see one like that this year.

Comment

Not too bad for a Harper area deer

Comment

6.5 and 120.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                        Where abouts are you hunting? My lease is about 4 miles east of Harper on 290. That 8 and the 10 are good deer for our area. I hope I see one like that this year.

We are a few miles west of town just past 290 and 479. We feed lots of protein and try to let them get grown. We have done fairly well. Been on this particular ranch for now 7 years but it is up for sell. Might sell tomorrow or 10 years from now you just never know. We have had 2 false alarms where we were told it was sold, done deal only for the deal to fall apart. A few of the deer we have taken.

Comment

Those are some nice bucks. How many acres is the ranch and how do feed your protein? Were on 200 acres so I don't know if it would do much good to feed protein.

Comment

We started with 800 acres but are down to 500. We have 2 2000 pound free choice protein feeders that we try to keep going from January to September. It always helps to pour the protein to them. It takes about 3 years to really start seeing the progress.

-john

Comment

Working...
                            X