Muck Boot Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muck Boot Repair

Have a pair of Muck boots for about 5 years now and the sole has started to come apart on one of them. I’ve glued it back with Shoe Goo twice but it hasn’t held. Is there anything out there that would be more permanent?

Just replace them, after 5 years I’d say you’ve gotten your monies worth

Comment

Would love to find a solution as well.

I have two pairs and I cant replace them as we have no importer of Muckboots in South Africa anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats a decent run. My Chore boot inside liner on the heel wore out quick.

Ive tried glueing several rubber boots and soles and none have ever held or sealed good. Theyre toast.

Comment

china glue lifespan they are done

Comment

Originally posted by Gerhard View Post
            Would love to find a solution as well.

I have two pairs and I cant replace them as we have no importer of Muckboots in South Africa anymore.

Sounds like Gerhard needs an TBH Express with the next person headed to South Africa!

Comment

I’ve tried to repair lacross and muck boots

Repair looks good until you get in the field

Just replace them

Comment

Originally posted by Soclose View Post
                Sounds like Gerhard needs an TBH Express with the next person headed to South Africa!

Thanks,

I am good for now, only use them when calling jackal at night in the winter time.

Always good to know if there is a way to fix the boots if they do go.

Comment

My brother used to work for a yacht builder and they used an adhesive called Sikaflex. I believe it was Sikaflex EBT. He had a tube of it that we used to glue the sole back on a pair of boots similar to Muck boots. Man...that stuff has held up VERY WELL. Might be worth a shot.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Best bet is to stuff a hundred dollar bill in where the sole is coming off. Then take the boot to a store and use the $100 to buy a new pair.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t even get a full year out of my last pair of mucks. Don’t think I’ll be buying another pair.

Comment

I’ve had a pair of the premium wetland boots for 10yrs and held up well. Used them 4 trips to South Dakota for pheasant and have probably 100miles on them. Bought a new pair this year but like my old ones with orange liners better. New ones seem to be built well also.

Comment

What the hell is a Muck Boot? Is that kind of like a pair of galoshes? I think we just call them mud boots or rubber boots down here in Texas. I have some rubber boots with some bicycle patches on them?

Hoggslayer
                            Last edited by Hoggslayer; 01-24-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I had a pair do similar. I called them up and ended getting a new pair for half off. Really goood customer service

Comment

Working...
                              X