DeWalt vs. Milwaukee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeWalt vs. Milwaukee?

I am in the market for a new combo drill/driver/impact set and curious what you guys would choose over these 2 brands. I currently have a DeWalt 20v drill but the batteries seem to be getting a tad weak. I used a fully-charged battery and was only able to remove about 75-100 short screws (easily) from a playset before it went dead. I thought it should have held out longer than that but maybe not. That got me to looking for a impact to use when I rebuild the kid's fort.

DeWalt or Milwaukee or another brand and why? They appear to be all relatively close in price. I considered DeWalt at first because I already have 2 batteries but now I am unsure if mine are starting to go bad...??

Thanks guys and gals!
    -Brandon

Milwaukee, still using the same set and batteries i bought 6ish or so years ago, they got used heavy for 2-3 years at work and daily around the house ever since.

Comment

Milwaukee.

Comment

I would stay with dewalt 20V, and buy extra batteries with your new combo set. That way you can keep on using the tools you have! Make sure you get the 5ah batteries when you order new ones.

Comment

Milwaukee fuel, I have both and at work they switched to Milwaukee fuel and it was a huge improvement. As far as the skill saw and sawsall they kinda suck, I wouldn't go with the brushless if you can find it..

Comment

My shop got burglarized last week, they stole welder, plasma cutter, a cpl of yeti's, 3 chainsaws, drill press and bits, all my Milwaukee tools and left all the Dewalt.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
              Milwaukee fuel, I have both and at work they switched to Milwaukee fuel and it was a huge improvement. As far as the skill saw and sawsall they kinda suck, I wouldn't go with the brushless if you can find it..
              You would or would not?

that was the other question I had for you guys...Brushless or Not? I saw where they make both and I didn't know the benefits (haven't researched it yet) or buying brushless?

Comment

Milwaukee. I’ve got Dewalt and Hilti personally. Hilti beats all, but Milwaukee beats Dewalt. I ran all 3 daily for 7-8 years and under heavy usage. Milwaukee easily outlasted our Dewalts everytime. When it came time for me to get my own set I went Hilti and haven’t looked back. The Dewalt set was a gift. They work fine for homeowner use, but the clutches have always been the weak point. Since they’re about the same price I’d go Milwaukee without a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                  My shop got burglarized last week, they stole welder, plasma cutter, a cpl of yeti's, 3 chainsaws, drill press and bits, all my Milwaukee tools and left all the Dewalt.
                  If this is a true statement, I hate to hear it.... but that is funny... call Milwaukee and tell them they can use it as advertisement if they replace the stolen tools. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have converted from Dewalt to Milwaukee as well. I really like these FUEL tools. The M12 series can do anything my Dewalt 18v stuff did. Milwaukee also has a 5 year warranty. I continue to pick up the tools when I can find them on clearance.

Comment

I found a Milwaukee impact driver on the side of the road about 7 months ago.
                      I don’t have a charger for it but it’s still running on the same battery!! I use it several time s a week in the shop for various things. When the battery goes dead I’m gonna buy a charger for it!!
                      I have to charge my dewalt every time I time I try to use it. Had the batteries rebuilt last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                        I found a Milwaukee impact driver on the side of the road about 7 months ago.
                        I don’t have a charger for it but it’s still running on the same battery!! I use it several time s a week in the shop for various things. When the battery goes dead I’m gonna buy a charger for it!!
                        I have to charge my dewalt every time I time I try to use it. Had the batteries rebuilt last year.
                        You can get a charger dirt cheap on craigslist or ebay.

Comment

If you can wait, there are usually good sets on sale for fathers day.

Comment

I know it wasn't on your list, but I've been very pleased with my 20v Porter Cable set.

Comment

I had a pile of 18 volt Dewalt tools and batteries when I worked construction. I liked them and still use them at home. The new set of tools that I bought for Work is the Milwaukee Fuel and I think that the quality is way above the new DeWalt stuff. Hopefully they last for years also.

Comment

Working...
                              X