Best brisket rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best brisket rub?

Let me have your recipe!! Bought a treager. Got a 5 lb trimmed brisket. Need a rub. Go!!

I have used Fiesta brand brisket rub for many years. It is all I will use and I cook a lot of them. Dust with white pepper also.

Comment

I keep it simple.. Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper. Not too exciting, but always turns out pretty good!

Comment

Rudys brisket rib is good

Comment

Course sea salt, course black pepper and garlic powder...all you need!

Comment

Kosher salt and some black pepper

Comment

Salt Lick Garlic Dry Rub with a dash of Julios is what I always use

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                I keep it simple.. Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper. Not too exciting, but always turns out pretty good!
                This

Comment

I have cooked a brisket with this before and it turned out great!

Comment

I know what I am going to try this weekend

Comment

Angelo's

Comment

I have been working on one for a little while and have been impressed after my last tweak. Foundation is salt and pepper, but I've added a few things that add complexity to the rub, but still lets the beef flavor shine like it should.

4 oz oak smoked coarse black pepper (HEB sells this in 4 oz shaker)
                        4 oz kosher salt (I just dump the pepper shaker and refill with kosher salt and then dump it)
                        1 tablespoon coffee grounds (might be able to stand a little more)
                        1 tablespoon garlic powder
                        1 tablespoon onion powder
                        1/2 tablespoon paprika
                        1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 batch will do 3 to 4 packer briskets.

Be sure to pat the brisket dry before applying the rub, or it will get pasty and will not bark up very well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Tommy_V; 04-05-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I have the recipe used to use at his trailer

Comment

I've made mine in the past consisting of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Lately though I've been just using Salt Lick's Regular Dry Rub and have been real happy with the results on briskets and pork butts. It seems peppery, but milds out real nicely after cooking. Nice bark too with good smoke.

Comment

Working...
                            X