Weddings? Who pays????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weddings? Who pays????

My son is getting married in a few months and the future daughter in law and her parents are insisting that the wedding costs should be split. They say in today’s age the old way of the brides parents paying for everything and the grooms parents only taking care of the rehearsal dinner is old fashioned and doesn’t apply anymore. I raised the BS flag and of course now there is tension between us and the girls parents. I admit I am not up to date with wedding planning but would like to hear for others on this. Thanks

You’re a man pay for what you feel like.

Comment

this Is a tough one my advice is don’t **** off Daughter in Law she will hold the power and you will want to see your grandchildren.

Comment

My best friends son got married Friday night.Super cool outdoor venue.Wedding coordinator
        Videographer.Phototographer.Catered,and open bar(beer/margarita's)Two bartenders,security,etc.
        My buddy knew that it was gonna be crazy expensive,so he gave the girls dad $7k..His son paid for the caterer.Pop paid for everything thing else pretty sure..
        I think the days of the girl's dad paying for everything,are over.Been my experience anyways.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

We got married 20 years ago, and it was all split evenly back then.

Your kid is 1/2 of this party, remember?

Comment

Elope!

Comment

We split my son's wedding costs. My oldest daughter we paid most of the ceremony but they bride/groom covered the reception. There are all kinds of ways to do it. Be generous but frugal. All need to sit down and DISCUSS budgets, plans, wants, must haves. This is the start of your son's family.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

JP with both sets of parents there. Use the money that would have been spent on the wedding for a down payment on a house to live in.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, the groom will ultimately pay.......over and over

I am just kidding, but I do know that weddings are high dollar. Reckon if you gonna keep peace better pony up a little cash to help out.

Comment

We just did it the old fashioned way in June I guess. We paid for wedding & his parents rehearsal.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      In the grand scheme of things, the groom will ultimately pay.......over and over

I am just kidding, but I do know that weddings are high dollar. Reckon if you gonna keep peace better pony up a little cash to help out.
                      I've been paying for 32 years.

Comment

I paid for everything on mine. Wedding, ring, her dress, rehearsal dinner, reception, and the **** honeymoon! She hasn’t stopped freeloading ever since lol.

Comment

Pay your share up to a reasonable amount. Don't forget, you will also be paying for the rehearsal dinner.

Comment

Not a chance in hell anybody is insisting I pay for anything that’s not mine. I might do it out of the kindness of my heart, but not because someone’s little princess tells me to.

My wife’s parents gave us a budget, and anything over that I scratched the check for myself. We ended up splitting it about 50/50. I didn’t once think of asking my parents for a dime. This was last year by the way.
                            Last edited by TX03RUBI; 09-30-2019, 06:08 AM.

Comment

We got married 3 years ago. Her mom told us we could have $2500 for honeymoon but she wasn't paying anything on the wedding. My parents are broke Tennesseans, so we tied the knot on a tight budget. Total cost for venue, photography, food, yafa, yada, yada $1600.

Comment

Working...
                              X