Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Grinder Attachment for Kitchenaid??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Grinder Attachment for Kitchenaid??

Anyone have any experience with it.

Kitchenaid brand plastic grinder attachment is about $60. Chef's choice stainless steel kits range $80-140.

We kill 5-6 deer a year and processor gets expensive.
    I would rather do a few myself and make hamburger, chili and stew meat etc. Then pay him for my breakfast, smoked and summer sausage.

Waste of money and should just buy a Cabela's carnivore or try it and possibly burn up my wife's $400 mixer???

For just a lb or 2 of meat the kitchen aid is fine, but for that many deer get a good table top grinder. It will pay for itself an save you money in the long run.
    Last edited by masonred; 07-26-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
      For just a lbs of meat the kitchen aid is fine, but for that many deer get a good table top grinder. It will pay for itself an save you money in the long run.
      X2, the kitchenaid attachments Ive seen are tiny. The meat pan looks like 1/2 pound would fill.it.

Comment

ilt my own cost very little. Moto off an old washer had to buy pullies I had a /old grinder. Just a few adjustments and away we went

Comment

I use a Kitchen aid and did 2 whitetail, 1 mule deer an axis and an oryx this year ( normally only do 2 deer a year) but it handled it pretty good. I will say it is a little slow compared to others that I have seen, but mine still gets the job done and is cheap. This will be the 3rd season using it.
          Last edited by Laner7; 07-26-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
            I use a Kitchen aid and did 2 whitetail, 1 mule deer an axis and an oryx this year ( normally only do 2 deer a year) but it handled it pretty good. I will say it is a little slow compared to others that I have seen, but mine still gets the job done and is cheap. This will be the 3rd season using it.

Thanks, seems like a cheap way to do a few deer. I only grind front shoulders, rib, neck, flank meat and trimmings. The rest is cut into steaks or cubed for chili/ stew meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We process everything with the Kitchenaid attachment. Usually at least two deer and a couple of hogs per year. No complaints.

Comment

Too slow for me

Comment

Mine is a lot better than the hand crank one I had before. I will guarantee you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good for grinding up some burgers.....shoot an Elk and you may want something with a little more grunt.

Comment

Following for feedback. The kitchen aid grinder is the one the last budget grinders I have not tried. I have tried several others and they all have been terrible. My wife's Ninja blender works better than any grinder I have tried.

Comment

alliedkenco.com

Comment

I use my wife's for small less than 5 lb grinding and it works great. Now when it's time to make large quantities I break out the LEM grinder. If you want to do large quantities a kitchen aid isn't ideal for that.

Comment

We have had better luck with the Chef's Choice stainless steel. The construction and strength is better. The plastic Kitchen Aid tended to heat up more and make the grinds sloppy and looser. The Chef's Choice can be chilled in the freezer before using and for me, makes a better end product.

Comment

Working...
                            X